Eufy Camera Integration

My Battery Doorbell 2k was detected automatically as “camera” entity. But it just delivers a screenshot of the last detected motion. I don’t believe it’s possible to retrieve clips or streams right now (except for other devices than the doorbell)

1 Like

Makes sense! I have the home base 2 as well as the wireless outdoor cam 2’s and the indoor 2k and indoor pan/tilt but they all just send a photo of the last movement clip- no streaming or anything. I really would like them to stream so I can get them into HomeKit as HomeKit’s default stuff kind of sucks. Way too many movement notifications.

For those wondering what Integration everyone is talking about and have trouble finding it somewhere in this thread. This is the integration: https://github.com/nonsleepr/ha-eufy-security

4 Likes

Thank you! When I go to set up the integration I see

This accessory is already paired to another device. Please reset the accessory and try again.

Does that mean that I’m not able to use the official Eufy app at the same time as the HA integration?

1 Like

I have the same davida72, I initially paired my wireless doorbell(UK) with HA first but then couldn’t connect to it on the iPhone app(notification - already paired) I needed to do a hard reset not just an unpairing of the HB2 before the iPhone App could be linked.

Now the iPhone app is linked but when I've clicked on the HA self-notified integration it tells me this 'accessory is already paired to another device'. So it appears only one official link at one time.

Also the integration reference by realmadridsi( https://github.com/nonsleepr/ha-eufy-security) can this be integrated on a 'supervisor' rasp Pi 4 implementation or is it only via HACS?? BTW only a week into this HA world so excuse the lack of knowledge please!

Did you guys try creating a second account for access?

No I didn't think to use a separate/different account for the Eufy Secuirty phone app as my HA account :frowning:

I managed to install the phone app on a second phone(partners) and I linked it only to with to the doorbell not the HomeBase 2. Partner is a 'guest' whom can’t alter settings or delete events - 'doorbell rings videos' and 'motion videos' from the HB2).

This was achieved using a different email/login etc. I did this from my phone(Admin) - inviting guest/family via there email.

That’s how I set mine up from the beginning and have never encountered the “accessory is already paired…” message. Not saying that’s the answer, but it could help, especially when cloud connections are involved (ie. this is the case with my arlo cameras).

Hi All, can I ask what the current state of this integration please. I have a ring floodlight camera and i’m less than happy with it mainly due to not being able to live view the camera.

With Eufy spotlight camera, can we live view the feed? Can we detect motion events? Can we turn the lights on and off?

Thanks in advance

I don’t believe anyone has the floodlight but I’m virtually certain the answer to all your Qs is no it’s not possible

Thanks moto, although setting up a second admin account didn’t seem to help. In HA I get the error message:

This accessory is already paired to another device. Please reset the accessory and try again.

At the same time the HomeBase says (in speech)

Press the reset hole on the HomeBase and then pair to Homekit.

Any advice appreciated. Presumably this is a problem that most first time users will face.

1 Like

Hello all,

I have the eufy battery powered doorbell (and in the next few days two eufycam 2) I have HA supervised installation running in a Pi 4, I installed the Eufy Integration. So far I only got a snapshot when doorbell is pressed. I tried changing to live view the card settings. Is there something I can change to get a live stream, at least when someone press the doorbell. I’m new to HA so still learning the in and outs of this tool. The camera shows as idle, I am not sure if in the dev section you can change the state manually. Could someone help me with this? Or at least let me know if live view with doorbell is possible. Thanks!

It is not possible atm. That is the current functionality.

I am unsure exactly how to use this. I did:

sudo npm install -g typescript
git clone https://github.com/JanLoebel/eufy-node-client.git
cd eufy-node-client/src
nano test.ts

I then pasted your sample code and edited USERNAME, PASSWORD and HOMEBASE_IP to my values inside ‘’ e.g. ‘10.0.1.23’ for homebase IP and ran tsc test.ts

I then get the following error:

test.ts:2:10 - error TS2724: Module '"./p2p/command.model"' has no exported member 'CommandTypes'. Did you mean 'CommandType'?

2 import { CommandTypes } from './p2p/command.model';
           ~~~~~~~~~~~~

p2p/command.model.ts:1:13
    1 export enum CommandType {
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~
    'CommandType' is declared here.

test.ts:35:16 - error TS2304: Cannot find name 'streaming'.

35           if (!streaming) {
                  ~~~~~~~~~

test.ts:37:13 - error TS2304: Cannot find name 'streaming'.

37             streaming = true;
               ~~~~~~~~~

test.ts:40:19 - error TS2304: Cannot find name 'streaming'.

40               if (streaming) {
                     ~~~~~~~~~

test.ts:43:15 - error TS2304: Cannot find name 'streaming'.

43               streaming = false;
                 ~~~~~~~~~

test.ts:46:17 - error TS2304: Cannot find name 'got'.

46           await got.get('url_to_a_webhook');

What I am looking for is simply to

1. Enable / disable homebase from a shell script
  2. Trigger a camera to record from a shell script
  3. Optionally to register pushes to my wireless doorbell in order to play a sound on my sonos system

Thanks for the info! I’m a little bit lost on this, I now added a camera card but with an eufycam 2, and I see the same thing. I tried to send a service to turn on the cam but nothing happens. What are the current functionalities of the integration so far? Can you post some examples? Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok I’m losing my mind. I don’t know what I did, I changed to YAML mode my Lovelace config, so I can edit the call service action, and when I loaded again the dashboard I got a live view. (I have to cards, one with picture glance and other as picture entity just for testing and in both got live view) So I thought I made it, but then the picture went and I don’t see anything. What could’ve been the difference? Why did I got live view? It is really weird, is it supposed to support services as turn on/off?

Nooo way. I just tried to use call service camera.turn_on with my wired doorbell it’s working live stream.
also the camera.enable/disable_motion_detection working.

I can confirm I now have a live stream also the camera.enable/disable_motion_detection working

1 Like

What did you do?!! @wedozayer did you change something?

No, I just use script to create call service to turn on the camera on then execute. The camera live for 2-3 min and stopped I tried many time each time you want to see the camera you need to execute the script