Eufy Camera Integration

Did you check it had installed the files to …/custom_components/eufy_security/ ? Did you restart home assistant?

I had an automation set to turn on the camera service every 3 minutes so the feed would always show up on my HA screen - but I’ve discovered that for some reason this seems to bork the motion detection on the eufy app, I’ve been getting barely any motion detection on the doorbell even with the settings set to maximum.
Tonight I turned off my automation and sure enough, motion detection is working great now!
Just a heads up!

Hello,
After update my home assistant, eufy integration not working anymore, I tried to delete the integration and add it again the entity disappeared.
Is there anyone know how to solve this issue ?

1 Like

I too …
The integration don’t import anything, after update Home Assistant 2020.12.0

1 Like

Snifff…
Here the same story after the update of HA and the HA-OS :frowning:
Hope there is a quick fix

1 Like

Hello, does this works for eufy 1080p indoor pan and tilt indoor camera?

Hi guys, I had this integration working to some extent in Hass.io but the I changed course and went containers. I am getting this error in my logs after adding the integration and restarting:

2020-12-15 10:52:24 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.camera] Error while setting up eufy_security platform for camera

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 199, in _async_setup_platform

await asyncio.shield(task)

File “/config/custom_components/eufy_security/camera.py”, line 31, in async_setup_entry

[EufySecurityCam(hass, camera) for camera in api.cameras.values()], True

File “/config/custom_components/eufy_security/camera.py”, line 31, in

[EufySecurityCam(hass, camera) for camera in api.cameras.values()], True

File “/config/custom_components/eufy_security/camera.py”, line 46, in init

self._ffmpeg_image_frame = ImageFrame(self._ffmpeg.binary, loop=hass.loop)

TypeError: init() got an unexpected keyword argument ‘loop’

Not sure what to make of this…

TIA!!

The integration is currently broken on version 2020.12 of HASS. No eta on fix.

1 Like

bugger… oh well… it works in Hass.IO only?

No, it works on all versions of HomeAssistant (usually) as it’s a custom component. However, something changed with the latest release and there’s no fix.

ok so I’d have to downgrade home assistant? can that be done? if so what build?

Put in a PR for a fix that appeared to work for me.

Hi,

I had the same problem but I found fast solution.
Please remove from camery.py parameter loop=hass.loop in line 46 and 47

1 Like

Agreed. The fix is to edit config/custom_components/eufy_security/camera.py, replacing lines 46 & 47 with

self._ffmpeg_image_frame = ImageFrame(self._ffmpeg.binary)
        self._ffmpeg_stream = CameraMjpeg(self._ffmpeg.binary)

The loop argument that throws the error was removed in this commit https://github.com/home-assistant/core/commit/0cf3736162ac8aa5cf52fe2d6b18499875fc0ed9

15 Likes

I noted today that iobroker seems to have support for many of the parameters and features we have all been asking for (Motion detected, Person detected, Change guard mode, Ringing Doorbell). I also understand that iobroker can connect to home assistant (ioBroker.hass). As I am relatively new to coding however I am wondering how easy it would be to port to code to home assistant rather than bridging Home Assistant to Eufy via iobroker.

The ioBroker project I am referring to is here…

5 Likes

I have no programming knowledge but would love to test this if someone needs a beta tester

+1 I can help with testing

I can confirm it works - thanks for sharing!

I am playing with the ioBroker adapter. Parts of it seem to work well but I’m struggling a bit with how ioBroker works in general. I’ll try to document my findings.

6 Likes

Also confirm this works for 2020.12.0. Should note that if you do this BEFORE the upgrade from 0.118.x and reboot, your cams will become unavailable, but don’t worry - everything comes back as soon as you upgrade to 2020.12.0. I just mention this in passing as some folks may do the OS update first and then reboot for the HA upgrade and be concerned if their cams are missing in between.