Eufy Camera Integration

I don’t see any actual files checked in. I assume whatever code you have is meant to be dropped right into home assistant python folder?

I have done zero coding. i just dropped the API that has been documented so far in the readme.

1 Like

Hi again. I’m getting agitated enough (by not having my Eufy cameras in HASS) to start tinkering with an integration. @fuzzymistborn, I appreciate you starting a repo; I’ll see what I can cobble together and will submit a PR to you there.

1 Like

PR submitted: https://github.com/FuzzyMistborn/python-eufy-security/pull/2

More to do before we can even think about a HASS integration, but we’re on our way.

2 Likes

Looking at your main PR now. Again, code newb but it looks good. Figure I will merge here shortly for folks to test.

I’ll put together a project with some todos, see you already have a few.

Great! If you don’t mind, let me finish the cleanup in there before you merge; should be done tomorrow. That okay?

EDIT: Never mind; will pick those up in subsequent PRs. Thanks!

Already merged hahaha. But sent you contributor rights so feel free to merge when you’re done.

1 Like

I’ve unfortunately found a showstopper issue: when you authenticate against the API using our Python package, it immediately logs you out of the mobile app; similarly, if you log into the mobile app, it immediately invalidates the access token used by the Python package.

In practice, this means that a user won’t be able to use the Eufy mobile app and a Home Assistant integration at the same time. That won’t fly for a large number of the user base.

So, until we discover a way around this, we’re stuck for the moment.

1 Like

you can invite other people to both view and admin the camera’s. would it work to just invite a second email address and authenticate with that instead?

Great call! After some preliminary testing, this appears to work. Will make a note that we need to document it.

Moving forward. :sunglasses:

Yep, I created a “dummy” user for this reason as well. We should add that to the documentation. Will make a note of it on GH.

1 Like

One thing that’s super frustrating: I can’t see any sniffed network traffic when I change the hub’s mode (“Home”, “Away”, etc.). That’s a key part of this integration, I would think. Anyone else have luck there?

Nope. I had issues sniffing that part too. Same goes for changing settings (like turning motion detection on/off). Maybe we need to look at the apk?

That’s a good idea. I’m on iOS, so I’d lean on one of our Android users, but that should expose things.

This is similar to how Arlo integration works and shouldn’t be an issue as long as it’s part of the docs.

I’ve been reading in and watching the progress on the repo as I will be receiving a pair of eufy’s new wireless battery cams to review for Best Buy, the eufyCam 2 Security System. Once I receive them and get them set up, I should be able to test them for you.

It’s exciting how much progress you guys have made!

1 Like

I tried decompiling the APK before but didn’t have any luck. Hoping someone here has the skill and could take a crack at it.

@fuzzymistborn In the fairly near future, I’m going to be ready to start publishing this package to PyPI. Do you have an account there? Happy to add you as an administrator if you’d like.

I may, I can’t remember. Let me check later.

Alrighty everyone, we’ve published version 0.0.1: https://github.com/FuzzyMistborn/python-eufy-security

With this version, you can:

• authenticate
  • get info on all cameras (doorbells, too?)
  • start and stop streaming

At this stage, it would be good to have a few more people (especially those with doorbells) run the example.py within the repo and make sure they don’t get weird errors.

I’ll test the code when i get the chance. I have a doorbell and the API calls were working for me so this should work just fine.

1 Like