Eufy Camera Integration

Yeah same. I’m just commenting that at least for the doorbell there is a second image somewhere, looks like we just haven’t found it yet.

Works for me!

Interesting… and you haven’t been able to sniff that traffic? Crazy idea: would you be willing to add me as a temporary guest and I can help search?

Nope.

Yeah I can do that. You’d mostly just see my front lawn. Did we figure out how to packet sniff? I tried to do packet capture and couldn’t get it to work.

Hello,

I have a couple of Eufy cameras and willing to help test this up.

I have downloaded the “eufy_security” folder and copied it under my “custom_components” folder, added the user/pass config to “configuration.yaml”, but even though I do get a message that new entities have been found, none appear. If I go to “Configuration → Integrations” and click on “Configure” under “Eufy Security”, nothing at all happens.

In the logs, I get the following message"

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/data_entry_flow.py”, line 73, in async_init
return await self._async_handle_step(flow, flow.init_step, data)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/data_entry_flow.py”, line 132, in _async_handle_step
result: Dict = await getattr(flow, method)(user_input)
File “/config/custom_components/eufy_security/config_flow.py”, line 39, in async_step_import
return await self.async_step_user(import_config)
File “/config/custom_components/eufy_security/config_flow.py”, line 56, in async_step_user
user_input[CONF_USERNAME], user_input[CONF_PASSWORD], session
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/eufy_security/api.py”, line 122, in async_login
await api.async_update_device_info()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/eufy_security/api.py”, line 54, in async_update_device_info
for device_info in devices_resp[“data”]:
KeyError: ‘data’

Through the iOS app, yes. :+1:

I finally got set up today. Had more trouble configuring a second account than getting the integration working. LOL

I was able to get both eufycam 2 entities to show, the service turned on worked to show streaming on both cameras, which was impressively good, but to be fair both are still in the lab and not mounted in place yet. I turned on motion sensing and triggered both cameras to record an event and then used the service to turn both cameras off. When I viewed them, they both showed the motion event stills I had just triggered - as expected.

I did get errors in my logs whenever I went to view the still from the states panel about not supporting stream services, but I feel like this may be because I was viewing it in dev states instead of it renering in lovelace.

2019-11-12 16:51:50 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.camera] Error requesting stream: camera.front_right does not support play stream service
2019-11-12 16:53:43 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.camera] Error requesting stream: camera.garage does not support play stream service

I’ll test it in lovelace later on and see if that goes away. So far so good though.

EDIT: Couldn’t wait and tested it in Lovelace and the error goes away. Cool.

@joepadmiraal noticed that some traffic may be MQTT based. I found a URL (security-mqtt.eufylife.com:8789) but can’t get much more information about requests. If someone has ideas for how to do it, help welcome! https://github.com/FuzzyMistborn/python-eufy-security/issues/3

Hi all i receive an error to login in custom component is possible ??
MAny thanks

I have exactly the same error. Anyone can help?

Did you create a SEPARATE account for the integration instead of your initial account? Just spitballing here as the error seems to note an authentication exception.

Eufy only allows access to one instance of an account. In order to be logged in on your device AND use the HA integration, you have to create a separate account for the integration to use and give it access to your homebase and cameras.

Looks like the doorbells are $100 for black Friday ($80 for first time Google shopping users). I’ve been waiting to pull the trigger on this until it integrates with HA, but don’t really want to miss out on this great deal. Is the vibe here that these will eventually play nicely with HA, or is it a complete toss-up?

I already create a brand new user for the integration. Just to be sure I loggedin with this new user and logged out (from App and from eufy web site). I still receive this error.

I try also to use a wrong password on HA config and I didn’t receive any error, so I was able to click on “configure” for the newly discovered device and I receive a user/pass prompt where I fill the eufy user credential created for the integration but I receive back the same error…

Hi all. Visiting family for the Thanksgiving holiday, but wanted to let you know I’m keeping an eye on things and will get back in the fold when I’m home.

1 Like

@battikh @MaxCere It looks like your accounts are sending back different values than what I (and others) experience. The quickest way to debug would be for you to grant me temporary access to your Eufy account – that way, I can exercise the API and see what I find. DM if if that’s of interest.

Hello,
I am very interested to for the doorbell.
If the clever community can add a driver for this doorbell it can be very nice!

1 Like

Hello. Thank you for working on this integration!

I created a guest log in via the app from another device. I am running hassio and added the eufy_security folder and the sub-files from https://github.com/FuzzyMistborn/python-eufy-security

So my folder set up looks like this:
/config/custom_components/eufy_security/
/config/custom_components/eufy_security/__init__.py
etc.

However, no new camera and I keep getting a config error on reboot. Running check config doesn’t show any errors, though. Also, nothing appears in logs.

Invalid config

The following components and platforms could not be set up:

* [eufy-security](https://home-assistant.io/integrations/eufy_security/)

Please check your config.

Any ideas?

You can’t add the python-eufy-security library to your custom components folder; that won’t work. Instead, copy in the files from the PR: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/tree/b9517c50695272445e740cd5c6b67ffe20b52e7f/homeassistant/components/eufy_security

Thank you! It is pretty amazing to see the video in Home Assistant :open_mouth:

1 Like

Would someone who has this working mind posting a quick guide to install and get working? I’m struggling to get it to work by piecing together this thread. I’ve got a hass install.

1 Like

I would appreciate the same thing @boota is asking for. Thanks