Eufy Camera Integration

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick heads up, it seems that Eufy has suffered a major security breach with reports of users having access to other random video feeds, eg. I was contacted by someone three states away through my doorbell.

It seems that this isn’t localised either, there is a thread on the Eufy subreddit which can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/EufyCam/comments/neayuo/access_to_random_cameras_in_another_country/

Just figured this would be the best place for a heads up too.

2 Likes

Article: Eufy privacy breach leaks both live and recorded cam feeds - 9to5Mac
I only have outdoor cameras, but if I had them indoors I would disable at least for now.

good to know, all the more reason to take as much control of my cameras as possible

1 Like

Just wanted to thank @matijse for his great eufy bridge :partying_face:

Hello,
Thank you for the instruction but I’m stuck on the step 4, I tried to reinstall multiple time but I can’t find the Eufy integration
I don’t have error in logs and Home Assistant is installed in a VM on a Synology NAS.
Thanks.

Edit: after reinstalling HACS and the integration multiple times, it finally works.
Thanks !

Just to check - has anyone else had their Eufy-MQTT bridge fail recently? has been running fine but seemed to have broken after a recent CORE upgrade

basically its this issue: Eufy Camera Integration - #1231 by mkdr36

Your linked issue is your actual comment?
I’ve not had any issue but not set up auto update yet via watchtower
Having said that the container hasn’t changed in a month (22nd April)

Hi. No the linked issue was another user but I’m having exactly the same ‘something went wrong’ error.

So to my mind something has happened in response to recent HA updates.

I’ve tried reinstalling the add on, double checked eufy account etc and rebooted mosquito.

Hi I’m pretty new to home assistant and was searching for adding my Eufy cameras, seems pretty complex but also possibly broken at present ?

Could someone help talk me though where to start please

If you’re new you may want to wait a bit. There’s good documentation for getting Eufy set up inside HASS but it’s not easy and not something I would recommend to a new user. There should be a better way to do things coming soon™ so I would work on other aspects of HomeAssistant and get those set up and then come back to Eufy later. Just my 2 cents.

4 Likes

Definitely agree on this, as a software developer, I am still trying to understand more about this process, it is doable but way complicated :slight_smile:

sorry I was referring to this issue on Git. https://github.com/matijse/eufy-ha-mqtt-bridge/issues/68

Thanks, there’s certainly plenty to learn - I’ll tackle the basic integrations first. I did look into home assistant previously but we moved home so all my setup changed so I wiped and started again, at present I’m trying to come at this by connecting what I can and then working out what I can use if for :slight_smile: I read some of the posts about eufy before and the mqtt brokering am I right to think the events such as someone spotted are available ?

@bachya how’s progress on this?

Slow (due to my job taking most of my time), but steady. Currently working on tests for the underlying Python library that will allow HASS to connect to @bropat’s websocket; after that, I’ll be in position to start the actual HASS integration. After that, I’ll need to work on a HASS OS add-on.

Along the way, I’ll post here when beta-level stuff is ready to test.

19 Likes

Appreciated ! Thx

1 Like

Thank You for your hard work!!! Very much Appreciated!

1 Like

Trying to set up the nonsleepr integration but keep seeing an ‘unknown error’. has anyone solved this?

Did you create a separate user for the login? And it is possible to login with this in the app?

yes, I created a second account and shared my main account access with the 2nd e-mail. I was able to log into the app with this 2nd e-mail account and and see my doorbell.