Eufy Camera Integration

Awesome, thank you for this! I have just tried it out with my 2K battery doorbell (T8210). Setup went well, and it found 4 entities (battery, wifi signal, motion detection, person detection) but not the camera itself, and not the doorbell button.

I also checked the services in the developer section and it only shows send_message

Is this expected behaviour? If not, what kind of logs do you need from me?

Murtoz!

I was about to reply for exactly the same reason and with exactly the same doorbell, but you beat me to it.
I also found that when I try to add it to LoveLace, clicking the button does nothing as it does not show up.
I can however, add the card manually.

I am looking forward to the reply as I would love to get this working.
Also if any logs are needed, please let me know

Thank you for this awesome integration!

1 Like

So I am still only in tinkering phase with my current HA install and only use the automatic dashboard. the wifi signal, person and motion detection sensors showed up automatically. I’ve tested both motion sensors and they work well (and very quick!). The battery didn’t show up for some reason but I can add it manually no problem.

Sorry but I’m not entirely sure what you mean by “I also found that when I try to add it to LoveLace, clicking the button does nothing as it does not show up.”?

I am in the same position … just getting started with HA…
I am referring to the link at the bottom left of the device:

Ah makes sense now, thank you! You should be able to go to your dashboard, then edit dashboard (three dots top right) and then add a card with sensors and at least display these.

1 Like

Please get latest codebase via updating from HACS, many of issues should be solved and services will be available.

1 Like

That was quick! Updated, restarted, and now have the camera and doorbell button show up. I even briefly was able to start the livestream but then my poor pi4b locked up. I suspect it might be because I have the stream set to 2K and the pi just couldn’t handle the decode, but it is late here so will look into that tomorrow.
Anything specific you want me to test?

oh and I nearly forgot - many thanks for this! Do you have a buy-me-a-coffee account or something?

About coffee, please have it for author of eufy-security-client which handles heavy lifting p2p communication. You can find the link here: GitHub - bropat/eufy-security-ws: Small server wrapper around eufy-security-client library to access it via a WebSocket.

Please do not forget that this integration is still having baby steps. There are existing 2 major issues;

• when you start livestream (not rtsp) it generates a video file of home assistant host and i have to delete it after on, which i could not yet. That might feel storage quickly
  • missing support of some devices (probably lock and station)
2 Likes

Awesome, will do

That’s the .ts and .m3u8 files in /config right? Is it safe to delete these manually?

Hi and yes thank you so much for the quick update and for all the work you are doing!
I now have the camera.doorbell entity and like Murtoz I briefly got the video stream working on the iOS Home Assistant app until the app crashed… I don’t think Home Assistant crashed as I am running it as VM with 4 CPUs and 12Gb RAM
I can’t seem to get the live stream working on my PC either but really am in no rush as I know this add-on is in it’s infancy.
The Eufy environment is also new to me and I can work with both options in the meantime, but ideally would like all usage of the camera(s) out of the cloud completely.
I am happy to help with any testing if needed as well
Cheers and thanks again!

I tested this previously by blocking internet access for my homebase 2. The doorbell itself doesn’t speak TCP/IP, it only speaks directly to the homebase 2 (I think via a proprietary protocol but am unsure).

What works without internet access:

• I can access live footage via eufy android app
  • I can access the recorded video (which gets stored on the homebase) from eufy android app
  • The chime on the homebase goes when the doorbell button is pressed

What doesn’t work:

• I do not get notifications on my phone from person detection or bell press.
  • It doesn’t look like person detection is working at all as no new clips got stored on the homebase even after pressing the doorbell button.
  • of course there’s no communication to Alexa so nothing there works. Not tried with any other smart speakers or displays.

I have yet to test this now that I can access the motion/people detection and button press sensors from home assistant. Will post back in this thread once I’ve checked this.

1 Like

I have left direct access to the internet on a separate vLAN to segregate all IOT and NOT devices from my internal network, so in the Eufy doorbell’s case, the Homebase2 can access the internet.

As per Fuatakgun’s instructions, I have created a second Eufy account that Home Assistant is using (shared from my ‘main’ Eufy account which is the account I am using on my phone).

I noticed that the iPhone, when on the local LAN via wifi could not access the doorbell camera, so I set it to a static IP and set a firewall rule to ‘Allow IOT to iPhone’ which solved the problem.
Of course this isn’t an issue when I am on LTE as the Homebase2 is reporting to the Eufy servers and I have access when not at home/outside my network.

Nonetheless this isn’t ideal as I would like to simply have access to and receive notifications from the doorbell via the Home Assistant iOS app which is a direct connection to my network and then no use of the Eufy app at all (particularly considering their security breach in May - see HERE )

I don’t even know if this is possible as I am very much a noob when it comes to API’s and coding, but this current setup is working and I look forward to watching this add-on develop!

-=O=-

You’re running into the issue of how the cameras communicate, which is over P2P. I tried blocking my cameras from being able to connect to my main network and was quickly no longer able to connect to the cameras.

Also…I really dislike calling what happened in May a “security breach.” It was a bad server update. Nothing was “breached.” Call it a security incident.

1 Like

Hi Fuzzy!

Yes, I do stand corrected, and I was not intending on pointing the finger at Eufy as their products are great but ideally (and the motto of HA) is ‘privacy and localization’
In any case, this is not the forum to illicit this sort of discussion and I do admire those that can create these types of addons via the open-source community.

If I can help I am happy to!

2 Likes

I am struggling with getting streaming to work on my 2 T8114 cameras (EufyCam 2). I have RTSP enabled, and have confirmed that it works by connecting to the URL via VLC. I have also called the services for starting RTSP and starting livestream from this integration’s services. I can confirm that this issue remains present in today’s latest code release.

When I look at the camera’s attributes after turning on the livestream, I see this value change:
live_streaming_status: livestream started

But no matter what I do, I always see this:
rtsp_url: null

which I assume is where the problem lies.

Has anyone else run in to similar issues and have any suggestions? Can anyone confirm they have these cameras working?

Can you just click on camera image, it should enable rtsp automatically. What i see from this record, it is live streaming over p2p not rtsp.

No luck. I was previously testing from the entities page, but set up a test page in Lovelace using a picture-glance card.

- type: picture-glance
    title: Garage
    entities: []
    camera_image: camera.eufy_garage

While I can see an image of the last event, if I click on it, the camera stream just comes up blank:

There is a corresponding message in my log:

2021-07-24 08:47:10 ERROR (stream_worker) [homeassistant.components.stream.worker] Error opening stream None

Considering the rtsp_url shows as null, and the stream report None, I figured they might be related.

Hi
I cant follow anymore
Thats the 6th addon already?
What about the one from @bachya?

This whole thread is so confusing, too many options.
Can someone please update opening post on all the possibilities now please?

How differs this one from the one bachya is making?

2 Likes

So you are angry or frustrated because we are trying to improve things? No enforcement or hard strings to pick 6th add-on, you can keep whatever you have now if you are satisfied with it.

Moreover, no one has any kind of responsibility or duty to do what you ask. You are free to reach admins or post owner to update it to include all options.

Lastly;

• everything started with some python and node js libraries without no home assistant support
  • then we had eufy security mqtt custom integration to have motion/person sensors, battery and latest image, thanks @matijse (GitHub - matijse/eufy-ha-mqtt-bridge: Receive Eufy alerts and thumbnails in Home Assistant via MQTT)
  • then @bropat came up with one complete solution to handle p2p communication with devices and stations, but still no direct home assistant integration
  • then, @bropat came up with iobroker plugin (another self service home automation tool) and people found way to integrate home assistant with iobroker
  • then @bachya started on full home assistant integration, but he is looking for complete, core integration solution.
  • while he was working on neat solution, i just developed a working but not good (in terms of software development perspective) solution and published it but it was requiring users to setup a docker / node js server manually (Eufy Security Integration)
  • i reached another step and developed an add-on (please do not confuse add-ons with custom integrations) and improved existing integration to support more devices. I have placed multiple warnings that this is half baked solution. (Eufy Security Integration)

Now, please take the lead and make everyone’s life easier.

8 Likes

Hi i think you misunderstand me.
I’m not angry at all, i can only encourage people who are working on this voluntarely and even in their free time. Which i appreciate a lot ! Thank you.

The only thing tht “bothers” me, is that i get lost in all the options…

Thanks for the summary now…
(i thought there were more options too (there was a custom integration also, but nevermind that)

So your last add-on… theres no doorbell support yet, right?

Could your addon be the one for @bachya?
Maybe you guys can share work?
Or am i totally lost there