Eufy Robovac 35c Working with Home_Assistant - Updated 11/2020 - How To Guide - Now with Edge Cleaning!

Planning an upgrade from my old 15C (working fine, thank you!) - would the integration work for the LR30 or G40+ models or should I stick with an x8 hybrid?

I have it working with an X8 - basic functionalyity Start/stop/home etc. I think ive see others say they have it working with the LR30. The G40 should be ok too. Im working at adding some other functionality to the x8 about room cleaning and areas. Others are looking at the mapping functionality.

1 Like

I’m 99% up and running with a G30, however I get an error with vacuum.turn_on and .turn off with the default card and the card from Denys just spins and never starts (but I don’t get any error). I assume its because its looking for a start/pause function, not turn_on/turn_off, as it works when you drill down into the vacuum’s dialog popup box and press the start/pause button. I poked around seeing if I could find where I could modify this, but no luck. Any thoughts?

Can I use any device connected to my local network to get my id and key such as ubuntu separate pc from home assistant? Because I can’t get python pip to install correctly
on windows 10 cmd same system as the VM with HA on it I have a eufy g35+ amd can’t get my local key and id

Yes, the device doesn’t matter as long as it’s in the same network.

1 Like

When will there be a room cleaning function for x8, I’m looking forward to it :slight_smile:

I now have everything running for my eufy robovac g35+ but, i need a little help with it not showing the cleaning area time, real auto off setting and do not disturb information in the vacuum card.

Everything els is showing as norman but the family is sleeping best not test control right now ( When it was set up it was halfway through vacuuming my house) has cleaning history in eufy app lots data

Hi do you have it running already? I am looking for the LR30 or X8 Hybrid also… Curious what choice you made :slight_smile:

1 Like

You need the following information available

#1 NAME YOUR VAC DIFFERENTLY YET SIMPLE VERY IMPORTANT (mine is robovac)
good names are robovac robovac2 robomop and so on

eufy clean and the security apps (updated versions), username and password I use same as mobile, ( WARNING, It’s ment to log your mobile phone profile out) however this has NOT happened to me and I can use my vac and I have had to disable 2 factor authentication so make sure your password is hard to guess an safe DO NOT SETUP UNDER THE EYES OF OTHER PEOPLE (Kids or guests)

each vac’s real IP address,

The eufy security and eufy robovac repository if your hacs is not updated or repo can already be in hace)

(my eufy security and clean username and password match for this reason) (they are different eufy services atm)

I chose the G35+ and how I did it was the automatic setup

I added the eufy security repository in hacs,
(The new one with websocket)

Then I added the eufy robovac repository

Then I reboot home assistant

after that I added a repo called (eufy security addon) in home assistant addons repository’s and installed it (all repository’s on github)

before I started the eufy robovac setup

Before proceeding you need to setup eufy security intergraction. Why? I beleave this setups the websocket to the main eufy server. Because it wouldn’t work without it setup

Don’t forget to setup your username and password in the eufy security config

Save the eufy config

After you have eufy security working

Then go to home assistant intergractions and find eufy robovac and go through the setup config

It will find your robovac and add it

Your not finished you now need to go to settings then devices and intergractions

Find eufy robovac and tap configure Then type your real eufy robovac ip (for each vac)
Save the ip settings

At this point a full system reboot is required to refresh home assistant and its command lines for your newly setup robovac

On your Dashboard my custom card don’t work well so a grate fix is mushroom cards they are grate

Next you need scritps but don’t stress home assistant got them for you but there not installed

Simply go back to eufy in devices and intergractions and tap on the robovac (1 device) for me now under scripts you will see pre downloaded scripts from eufy simply tap each one, name it, save it, and reboot

After system starts it will say error on your dashboard for a min or 2 don’t stress its connecting and loading.

If you did use the mushroom card you can simply press play and BAM it vacuuming lol it can take a sec for it to receive the command

Handy Info I believe after setup it only talks to your modem and home assistant (doesn’t affect its pre configuration) meaning home assistant is simply sending and receiving commands from the vac it self not the eufy server (yes the vac it self still needs internet)

I would like to add the following information…

I do not own any of the repo’s used the 2 for hacs are the following

(Eufy security with websocket)

(Eufy robovac)

(Home assistant add-on for eufy security)

I would like to thank the owners and contributors of the repo’s for home assistant, they are now a almost auto setup thanks to there hard work, thank you so much

I am hoping to get the information on the custom card up and running with the contributors help as it looks sooooo cool its even automated even though i can see if it is docked and the charge level/status i can not use any controls on it.

If I do get it working I will upload my full card yalm code for others to copy and paste

I also have a automation setup for 3pm everyday (if) the front door is closed
(Only works with the downloaded scripts from the eufy setup) not the scripts from the repo

hello guys,
anyone know how to use the sensors in the integration.
imagen
because i want to use the status sensor but i dont know how to put it in a automation, because there no option to get that info. Do i need to add something?

Getting a little stuck adding a Eufy 30C to HA, hope someone can help.

I followed the instructions in - GitHub - bmccluskey/robovac: Add a Eufy RoboVac easily to Home Assistant

I added the repo as a custom repo, rebooted, clicked on the new “Robovac” integration and it installed.

It did not ask me for a username or password.

Am I missing a step?

I have no other Eufy devices so was unsure if I had to use any of the other 2 repo’s the security and the security add-on

Solved my own problem.

I had added the integration to HACS, but completely forgot to add the integration under HA settings.

Think i’ve got it working now.

Hello,
I wanted to ask, how Option1 and Option2 looks like?
(Is it possible to integrate pictures in the description of the Plugin?)
Thx.

Hello,
I have again 2 questions.

First one, could I change the text of the script from g30 to g10, if I have an G10, or has it to be how it is.

Second one, do I need to integrate it in the scripts.yaml or could it also be integrated in the Integration → device → scripts:

Thx.

Recently moved and set up some new network hardware. Just wanted to shout out @bmccluskey for the excellent repo on this. Far and away a simpler experience than the last time I set this up. Many thanks for your work!

Hi, I’ve been using the latest repo to try to integrate my G30 (GitHub - bmccluskey/robovac: Add a Eufy RoboVac easily to Home Assistant) but really get stuck. During the configuration of the integration, it reports an ‘unexpected error’ and when i check the logs it seems to fail when it goes to the tuyaweb API script (invalid password). I would appreciate some guidance here.

i’ve been debugging as far as I can get with all the various “get local key and id” tutorials, but still no luck. I get to all the eufy details with the complete device information, but converting this to tuya keys just does not work and I have no idea why…

it sucks, just like my g30. I would really appreciate a tip on how to get past this…

I have 2 Eufy RoboVac’s. One is an X8 and the other is an X8 Hybrid. There are apparently differences in the communications with them. I have tried removing the plugin and adding it back and get the same result:

X8 (looks good):

fan_speed_list:
  - Pure
  - Standard
  - Turbo
  - Max
ip_address: <REMOVED>
model_code: T2262A
friendly_name: Super Vicky
supported_features: 4084
battery_level: 73
battery_icon: mdi:battery-charging-80
fan_speed: Pure
cleaning_area: 69
cleaning_time: 5204
auto_return: true
do_not_disturb: false
boost_iq: false
mode: auto

X8 Hybrid (not good):

fan_speed_list:
  - Standard
ip_address: <REMOVED>
model_code: T2261A
friendly_name: Super Vick
supported_features: 4084
battery_level: 100
battery_icon: mdi:battery
fan_speed: Pure
mode: auto

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help with testing.

Can anyone confirm the units of the (x,y) parameters for the spot clean in the example script here (e.g. mm?), and what they’re in reference to, i.e, where is (0,0) on the map? I’m using @bmccluskey’s repo for my X8, modified with some help from @Belzedaar’s repo, and I think I have spot clean working, but I haven’t been able to send it a valid location that the vacuum can get to yet.

Just to add: long time lurker around these parts, first time poster. This thread has been incredibly useful, thanks for all of the effort to integrate these vaccums.