Eufy Robovac 35c Working with Home_Assistant - Updated 11/2020 - How To Guide - Now with Edge Cleaning!

I am also getting
“(192.168.1.207:6668) failed: [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer”
also “Failed to decrypt message from”

no other messages. I just got the 35c today. The output from adb keeps referring to t2117 (which is unsupported on the python it seems).

I did the Version change to 3 1 and it did nothing for me.
we got the ‘utf-8’ codec can’t decode byte 0xf3 in position 3: invalid continuation byte: error
and the magic suffex

Any help appreciated.

Robovac 35c
wifi - 1.1.5
mcu 1.2.0

my code

eufy_vacuum:
  devices:
  - name: LilChonkingVac
    address: 192.168.1.207
    access_token:  <ommited>
    id: <ommited>
    type: T2118

I need the answer to this too thanks if you found it.

2 Likes

So I was getting adp not found until I added ./ adb but now it does not show any logs. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

NVM, after going to sleep at 4 am a failure I took another crack at it this afternoon and gut it up and running. Thank you to all the dev this!

1 Like

Anyone get answers to this? or is this now a dead forum? My logs are getting spammed with…

Logger: custom_components.eufy_vacuum.tuya
Source: custom_components/eufy_vacuum/tuya.py:562
Integration: eufy_vacuum
First occurred: 10:20:33 AM (639 occurrences)
Last logged: 1:51:08 PM

Failed to decrypt message from "my VacID" (172.31.254.249:6668):

And

Source: custom_components/eufy_vacuum/tuya.py:403
First occurred: 10:20:33 AM (639 occurrences)
Last logged: 1:51:08 PM

'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xa7 in position 6: invalid start byte
1 Like

Just clicked clean and return home. Both worked. maybe read the thread, I assure both of you this integration works if you follow along with everything done here.

couldn’t be bothered, eh?

if you take out the random comments saying “thanks, works great”, and the subsequent “this doesn’t work, help meeee” comments, it’s like 30 total useful comments.

Wait, are the last two comments pointing at me? I only asked if it was dead as I was surprised no one had added anything for 13 days. I Was not complaining, and mean 0 disrespect. The funny thing is the integration works. I am VERY happy with all the documentation and the hard work you have done. I was just trying to get a smarter person than I (and I am not very smart.) that might know why these logs are coming through. I am trying to clean up my ha and network and drowning in questions I just can’t answer or get from my sidekick Mr. Google.

I have tried all the solutions in the thread. I either get the wrong encryption or the UTF or Errno 104] Connection reset by peer or The magic suffix error.

What MCU are you running?
I would like to get it running but seems to be a new encryption on the new mcu version.

is there no longer a HACS integration for the EufyVac? I thought there was and some of the other github’s mention it, but I cannot find it.

I have not… Seems to keep happening.

This will be the third time that I have said it.

If it’s giving you errors go through the entire process again and get a new ID and key.

Rolling API changes caused the ID and key to change causing the integration to fail it only happens about once or twice a year so kind of just deal with it.

Mine works using the exact steps that I have outlined in the guide. Furthermore taking about 8 minutes to read through some of the comments instead of the two minutes it takes to comment itself and clutter up the thread with comments like “this” are half the reason why this thread is twice as long as it should be. Others have had the same problem, I have had the same problem. Resetting it up fixes the issues, including getting a new key.

Please stop saying it doesn’t work without reading comments, particularly when the comments only really amount to 10 minutes read time total.

I read through comment threads with 2-3 hour long read times before commenting “its broke, help mee”

Be better. Furthermore, don’t just piggy back and say “its broke for me too” that is honestly at least twice as cringe.

2 Likes

Hi, can anyone help? I have 2 robovacs 30C I have managed to get one integrated but the second one continuously shows error. Can anyone advise me on how to integrate both robovacs.

What kind of errors?

Show us you errors and config (eufy_vacuum: part).

Hi Sorry for the delay in answering my fig looks like this
eufy_vacuum:
devices:

• name: Robovac
    access_token: 7eddd6a4cxxxxxx
    address: 192.xxx.0.xx
    id: 7334762484f3exxxxxxx

• name: Robovac1
      access_token: 7eddd6a4cxxxxxx
      address: 192.xxx.0.xx
      id: 60303850cc50exxxxxxx

I think I may have resolved it, I didnt realise that both Robo Vacs would have there own access token.

1 Like

Hi All,

I recently got a RoboVac 30C. Hoping you may be able to steer me in the right direction here. I feel like I’ve tried everything in this thread, but still am unable to get the device Controls to work in Home Assistant.

I am able to see the entity, can track that it is “on” or “cleaning” and even track the battery % as it goes down or it charges. However, none of the controls or actions work.

I’ve been successful getting the device ID and the token using bluestacks and ADB. I added the repository, and I tried changing the line in the tuya file from (3,3) to (3,1). When I have it at (3,1), the entity never really loads correctly. When using (3,1) I see status “error” and the battery is just a question mark.

When I put it at (3,3) the entity loads, and tracks the battery, etc, but the controls do not work.

I’ve completely removed the repos and then readded, regrabbed the IDs (they hadn’t changed), readded the config details. Any other ideas?

Here are some of the log errors that popup.

Source: custom_components/eufy_vacuum/tuya.py:562
First occurred: 2:20:36 PM (5 occurrences)
Last logged: 2:21:36 PM

Failed to decrypt message from 51038008caaxxxxxxxx (192.168.xx.xx:6668)

Source: custom_components/eufy_vacuum/tuya.py:410
First occurred: 2:20:36 PM (5 occurrences)
Last logged: 2:21:36 PM

Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

I have similar errors in log but mine is 25C and tought it was related to using library with different model. Unlike you I can control the unit, only the status is most of the time in “error”, battery status is also working. If you have knowledge in electronics it is possible to flash the Tuya module inside and have it load Tasmota.

I am also getting “Failed to decrypt message” when sending commands to my 15C. I have tried the (3,1) trick and reset the vacuum but I’m having no luck. The vac status updates fine in HA though which is interesting.

I have the same issue with the 30c. The unit can be started by turning it “on” but no other controls work.
Also tried to switch to 3,1 without success and I regrabbed the IDs (haven’t changed).

Edit: My workaround is that I’m using Assistant-Relay to control it and use this integration to get the status of the vacuum.