Eufy security addon vs eufy-security-ws

Hi, can anyone tell me what the difference is between the eufy security addon and eufy-security-ws addons? I am wanting to use the best integration for my Eufy dual camera doorbell.

Thanks

1 Like

You need to run both from what I understand.

The instructions for integrating Eufy cameras (and doorbell) are here: Eufy Security

The article mentions using the addon and integration, but I see 2 addons in the store.

I’m equally confused and came here (to the forums) after being entirely unable to parse WTF the install instructions mean.

I just figured it out. Note that I’m running HAOS through a virtual machine and I’ve already installed HACS.

1. Get the GitHub - fuatakgun/eufy_security: Home Assistant integration to manage Eufy Security devices as cameras, home base stations, doorbells, motion and contact sensors. installed (after the usual steps it will look like this)
  2. Presuming you already have HACS installed, go here and search for Eufy

The home assistant add on creates some sort of local server/proxy/whatever that talks to the Eufy cloud on one side and provides a local interface for homemade client things… like the HACS thing. The HACS thing is what acts like a client, by connecting to the local “proxy” (my own name for it), and in turn creating HA native devices+entities for all the Eufy things you own. I just did this for a smart safe (s12)

@bropat @anon63427907 FYI I can confirm at least the status items for the S12 smart safe are working. I haven’t yet figured out how to (or if I can) get the remote unlock to work. Happy to test anything you might want since I see S12 is listed as “untested” in your docs.

Add-on from my repository (GitHub - fuatakgun/eufy_security_addon) is archived and not updated anymore. As called out in README file on integration, you need to use this repository (GitHub - bropat/hassio-eufy-security-ws: Official eufy-security-ws Home Assistant add-on repository)

Not sure if smart safes are supposed to be unlock remotely. I would create an issue to bropat’s repository, share the device and get support. If any new service is needed on home assistant end, I can help.

@anon63427907 Thanks for the add-on. I’ve installed it to use with my Eufy dual camera wired doorbell. I understand that this camera does not have RTSP support. When I tried to stream it, most of the time it gave me a blank screen, and only occasionally that I can get the proper stream.

I actually only want to take a snapshot of the camera, but most of the time the photo came up mostly green, with just a few pixels on top of the image from the camera. Is that because my doorbell does not support RTSP?

Hi, I got my dual cam wired doorbell working with this automation …

alias: Capture Photo From Eufy Doorbell On Motion
description: ""
trigger:
  - type: motion
    platform: device
    device_id: 16eda53f3b8f64273c8897147ee0b954
    entity_id: binary_sensor.doorbell_person_detected
    domain: binary_sensor
  - type: motion
    platform: device
    device_id: 16eda53f3b8f64273c8897147ee0b954
    entity_id: binary_sensor.doorbell_motion_detected
    domain: binary_sensor
    enabled: false
condition: []
action:
  - service: eufy_security.start_p2p_livestream
    data: {}
    target:
      entity_id: camera.doorbell
  - service: eufy_security.generate_image
    enabled: true
    target:
  - service: downloader.download_file
    data:
      overwrite: true
      url: >-
        https://[YOUR NABU CASE ID HERE].ui.nabu.casa{{
        state_attr('camera.doorbell','entity_picture')}}
      subdir: images/snapshots
      filename: front_door.jpg
  - service: eufy_security.stop_p2p_livestream
    continue_on_error: true
    target:
  - device_id: 16eda53f3b8f64273c8897147ee0b954
    domain: button
    entity_id: button.doorbell_reboot
    type: press
mode: single

I used these 2 add ons

Not sure if the doorbell restart is necessary but I was finding that it would work once and then get stuck. That seemed to fix that.

1 Like