Eufy security and RTSP simple server help

HI All, really struggling to setup Eufy Security. For some reason it doesn’t let me start RTSP Simple Server Add on. When i go to add the integration eufy security it asks for a host IP and port. Nothing works no matter what i put in. I suspect it is because i can’t start the RTSP simple server (not sure). Any help would be appreciated.

You shouldn’t need the RTSP simple server add-on, since I’m using it without it even. What’s your installation type and what IP address are you using? It should be the IP of your HA server, not of the camera.

Also, have you read the documentation?

Otherwise, you might find more information on the main Eufy Security Thread:

1 Like

Hi. After installing the Eufy Security add-on and entering username and password, restarting, the log says:

2023-01-28 13:38:19.841  INFO  Authentication properties changed, invalidate saved cloud token. 
2023-01-28 13:38:29.784  INFO  Eufy Security server listening on host 0.0.0.0, port 3000 
2023-01-28 13:38:30.049  ERROR Response data is missing 
{
  code: 0,
  msg: 'Succeed.',
  data: undefined
}

Clearly this doesn’t match the Github docs… suggestions on where to go for troubleshooting?

Thanks
Carl

Carl,
Make sure you create a second Eufy account and DO NOT use 2 factor authentication. Once that account works from your phone or other device, use those credentials in the addon.

Hi did you solved the host/ip issue?

Hi, any updates on this issue? I’m running to the same issue, I can’t seem to get it to work. the Eufy Security setup instruction say to us the RTSP Simple Server IP address and Port but I’m not sure where to find those.

Hi All.

I know it’s been a while since the last post in this discussion, but did anyone get an answer on where to get the RTSP Simple Server IP address and Port?

The Github Readme documentation suggest “7- If you have installed RTSP Simple Server Add-On , please put its IP Address and Port into Integration Configuration page.”

I’ve done the follwoing steps 1) downloaded and installed the eufy-security-ws Add-on, 2) downloaded and installed the RTSP Simple Server Add-on, and 3) Installed the Eufy Security integration and tried IP Address and Port 127.0.0.1/3000 but that doesn’t work.

I’m using HASSOS 11.1 and have a non-RTSP enabled Eufy Doorbell Camera T8222.

Hoping someone can assist please?

Cheers. James.

Mine appears on the Eufy device page for the camera.