Eufy Security Integration

For those of you experiencing issues with updating the event image, I had only allowed the push notification under the Guard mode. In my case, setting the content extension of the notification to complete helped. Since then, the event image has been updating regularly.

1 Like

koen01,
Is your node-red flow still working for you? Iā€™d love to be able to schedule times that the chime is off. There are options in the integration that look like they should do this, but they donā€™t. As far as I can tell, I have your flow setup correctly and no luck with it either.

The integration exposes the setting by default now.
Itā€™s a switch called indoor chime enabled.

Thanks for the reply. I never turned on the ā€œindoor chimeā€ when I installed the doorbell and was just using the home base. After setting that up it does turn it off but the home base still chimes. I guess the only option for the home base is to lower the volume to ā€œ1ā€ which i guess works close enough.

Hi friends.

I have the Eufy HomeBase 2 and 2 of the eufyCam 2C. I previously had it integrated with Homekit only and was bypassing the Eufy app.

Decided I want to move the cameras to HA and figured it would be easy using the Homekit device integration. Learned what Iā€™m sure many of you already knowā€¦you canā€™t stream the cameras this way. It only shows a still.

So what do I need to do to get them to show in HA? Does it really take a HACS integration and 2 addons? Do I need to add them to the Eufy app first? Is it possible to get around this using scrypted or go2rtc?

TIA

ok running eufy security HACS, eufy security addon, webrtc hacs, and go2rtc addon (I already had this for some other cams but it doesnā€™t seem to help with eufy). It is workingā€¦ok. Eufy cams are a bit choppy and seem to bog down HA a bit.

Forcing us to jump through this many hoops is why I continue to hate Eufy. All in all, Iā€™m pretty frustrated. Will continue to work at it though in case there is something wrong on my end.

Sorry for the delay, try to set it up but saw this in the logs: undefined error=streams: streams: unsupported scheme: T8114XXXX0922D0 caller=github.com/AlexxIT/go2rtc/internal/mjpeg/init.go:166

Hello folks,
Iā€™m trying to add camera shortcuts on picture-card (3d floorplan)
I want that when I tap a camera icon a pop-up comes on, call the camera-on service and displays the live feed.
if I wish to quit, to press the stop steaming button (that will appear on the bottom of the pop up) call the camera-off service and and close the pop up.
is this possible?

this is the code that works currently with webrtc-camera card:

type: grid
square: false
cards:
  - type: conditional
    conditions:
      - entity: input_boolean.garage_camera_stream
        state: 'off'
    card:
      type: picture-entity
      entity: camera.garage_camera
      tap_action:
        action: call-service
        service: input_boolean.turn_on
        data: {}
        target:
          entity_id: input_boolean.garage_camera_stream
  - type: conditional
    conditions:
      - entity: input_boolean.garage_camera_stream
        state: 'on'
    card:
      type: vertical-stack
      cards:
        - type: custom:webrtc-camera
          opacity: 0.4
          url: rtsp://xxx:[email protected]/live0
          ptz:
            service: eufy_security.ptz
            data_left:
              entity_id: camera.garage_camera
              direction: LEFT
            data_right:
              direction: RIGHT
            data_up:
              direction: UP
            data_down:
              direction: DOWN
          background: false
          muted: false
          ui: true
        - type: button
          name: Stop Streaming
          show_state: false
          show_icon: false
          tap_action:
            action: call-service
            service: input_boolean.turn_off
            data: {}
            target:
              entity_id: input_boolean.garage_camera_stream
columns: 1

RTSP feature has been added to Eufy S350 indoor camera.

what does this mean ?

Hi Guys,

Iā€™m having troubles to get the camera stream to work. Maybe someone has an idea or can give me some basic tutorial on how to do it. I tried to follow the instructions of the eufy security addon, but when it didnā€™t work I ended up installing several addons, integrations, forks of integrations, etc. Reading through some posts here and there did not clear up my issues.

Trying to wrap my head around this topic is a nightmare with the current install and configuration instructions.

I have a E330 (T8600) camera connected to my Homebase 3.
What i did so far:

• Installed the addon: eufy-security-ws (Current version: 1.8.0)
  • Installed the HACS integration: Eufy Security (v8.0.1)

After the initial configuration the camera entities showed up. I can see the last event image, get all the sensor, start/stop P2P streaming etc.
After that, I installed the HACS integration: WebRTC Camera (v3.5.1). The docs say that the go2rtc addon will automatically get installed with it (cant see it in Addons though).

When I browse to http://homeassistant-IP:1984 I get to the webview. I copy and paste the rtsp url (rtsp://127.0.0.1:8554/T8600P1023325XXX) from the camera entity into the config and press the ā€œStart P2P Streamā€ Entity. The status entity says: ā€œStreamStatus.STREAMINGā€. When I try to watch the stream over the webview its loading some time and then failing with:

or
mse: streams: wrong response on DESCRIBE

Can somebody see my mistake?
Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Iā€™ve been playing around with this integration and Iā€™ve found a few things out that might help:

• by default, after you install the Eufy Security integration, you must then go into the device and enable many of these features, such as the door lock (so you can toggle the deadbolt), the streaming URL (needed to find the camera) and the start/stop stream buttons.
  • I ran into the same issues as you, but I was able to get the camera feeds to work once I pressed the ā€œStart P2P Streamā€ button in the Eufy Security Integration and then went to view the video feed. Obviously this is not ideal because leaving that streaming will kill the battery. Ideally, the card showing the camera would activate the stream and then stop it when it goes away (or whatever). I used the Generic Camera integration and then pasted the streaming URL into the configuration along with my credentials. It would not work though unless I toggled the Start P2P Stream first and then setup the camera. If the Stream status is ā€œIdleā€ you wonā€™t see a feed. Not sure how to fix that, but at least I was able to ā€œsort-ofā€ get it to work. Plus, I can at least unlock/lock the door now using HA.

You can call the service to start the stream in webrtc. Is all explained earlier on in this thread and on GitHub.

To avoid draining you can build an automation which triggers ā€œturn offā€ after X seconds/minutes.

1 Like

excellent. thanks for the info; Iā€™ll check it out

Hey All (Especially those that helped me on my journey on this page), just dropping back inā€¦ it was a month ago that I was seeking help here to get Eufy Security working with my cameras and when I finally got it all installed, there were no entities for my devicesā€¦but low and behold today they all appeared! Whomever did the updates for the new devices THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOUā€¦!+

1 Like

I got my cameras working with webrtc but when it live streams there is no sound and i cannot talk through them. Is there a special way to do that or is that not a feature?

Can eufy use frigate as i cannot get it to work at all?

Frigate can not start a stream in eufy to my knowledge.

Damn. Is their a way to get it to steam?

Call a service from within home assistant. But would be good to understand your config. Streaming through webrtc should work with the regular addon.