Eufy Security Integration

Yes, I saw where I could enable those but not useful. At least the integration is configured…I just need to keep an eye here for future updates where newer devices might become available. (Then figure out if I need to redo the integration or if it will just update itself when /if the support happens?)

They should appear automatically.

1 Like

I don’t know why but my cameras are showing up as inactive.
I’m not able when they detect something that the card image will be updated…

Also someone knows how I can stream my doorbell to my nest hub if someone ringing the doorbell?

My doorbell doesn’t update well within home assistant with the latest image available…

Dont think this one is supported today, it should be included in the next version of the addon though:

Have not seen anyone succesfully stream the video of a Doorbell - theoretically webrtc should be able to cast, for me it doesn’t work but have a look at the webrtc repo, perhaps you are more successful.

I’ve made it work, I needed the version of WebRTC from here: GitHub - fuatakgun/WebRTC: Home Assistant custom component for real-time viewing of almost any camera stream using WebRTC and other technologies.
It’s super unreliable, but it does work on occasion!

Can you share please? Eg. Casting to the Google hub?

I only ever looked at it via the lovelace UI, either in the app or in a desktop browser. I don’t use H-A to cast media to anything.

Ok, that works for me aswell - very stable since the most recent work of fuatakgun. The question was on streaming the Doorbell to a Google Hub.

1 Like

Sorry, misread your comment.

1 Like

Greeting!

I have a Eufy T8210.
Somehow, the motion events are not registered in Home Assistant. The ringing events are coming through fine.
I double checked all the motion event settings and The Eufy app shows many motion events.

Is this a known issue with the T8210 or have I overlooked something?

I have the same doorbell. Works fine. You could check a few things:

• there are two sensors, person detection and motion detection; are neither functioning? Check settings of motion detection type - this can be humans only or all motions ; will have effect on the sensor triggered.

• sensitivity, increase level to 4 or 5

• notification settings on the account used; login on your phone app using the account used in home assistant and check notification settings. Make sure it’s set to “full effect”

2 Likes

I’m about to upgrade to homebase3 is it working with sensors and alarm panel?
I have a few automations triggered from setting the alarm to away and home etc and would like to keep them running:)

I looked at the readme and device list but it’s just a wrench and not a green :white_check_mark: so not sure if it’s actually working?
Thanks

Hi,

Can I use motiojn sensor to turn on the light ? When I tried, I have to enable event (notification or siren). I’m looking for doesn’t use this events.

Have you a solution ?

I have a homebase3
, this is all I can see in a recent integration

I believe the snapshot of last motion detected is displayed in the card again right? If yes, I don’t seem to get it. Only the time, I restart HA, I get the right snapshot but never gets updated. I have that automation which starts the P2P stream to take the snapshot, but that too seems to be not working. And also could someone explain what Event Image snapshot is? That too updates after the restart but never updates after that.

I am experiencing issues with the T8161 camera, which is connected to Homebase 3. The motion and person actions are not triggering events. I have automations that turn the cameras on and off when I am home versus away, which may be contributing to the problem. To troubleshoot and identify the issue, I will turn on the camera with motion detection already enabled. Then, I will test if motion and person detection are being detected through a direct web-socket connection. In this case, no events are fired until I change the camera settings to disable motion and then enable it again. After doing so, the web-socket motion events start flowing again and both the Eufy Notification and Eufy device in Home Assistant get updated to show that motion has been detected. However, if I turn off the camera and then turn it back on, the motion events will stop.

I’ve been fiddling with this a little today - I do find it hard to keep up with what is the right way to about setting this but super grateful for those putting in the hard work to progress and maintain this.

Firstly, I have removed the forked webRTC integration provided for eufy as I see that the main integration seems to add the functionality now: GitHub - AlexxIT/WebRTC: Home Assistant custom component for real-time viewing of almost any camera stream using WebRTC and other technologies.
“Starting with version 3** the streaming server has been changed from RTSPtoWebRTC to go2rtc.”
This seems to be working just fine.

I thought I would share both my old and new cards for one of my cameras (this camera supports PTZ, but you can just delete that if your doesn’t).

You will see I’ve made some style tweaks on the new way to make the controls a bit more touch friendly for my phone. This does seem to be working fine now on high streaming quality. I’ve not tested the new card completely yet but “i think” it works OK. I did notice some difficulty starting stream through the HA app using the new card, not sure why.

Thought these snippits of yaml could be helpful for others’ cards.

Old way:

square: false
columns: 1
type: grid
cards:
  - type: conditional
    conditions:
      - entity: camera.backyard
        state: idle
    card:
      show_state: true
      show_name: true
      type: picture
      image_entity: image.backyard_event_image
      tap_action:
        action: call-service
        service: camera.turn_on
        data: {}
        target:
          entity_id: camera.backyard
      hold_action:
        action: url
        url_path: app://com.oceanwing.battery.cam
  - type: conditional
    conditions:
      - entity: camera.backyard
        state: streaming
    card:
      type: vertical-stack
      cards:
        - show_name: true
          show_icon: false
          type: button
          tap_action:
            action: call-service
            service: camera.turn_off
            data: {}
            target:
          hold_action:
            action: url
            url_path: app://com.oceanwing.battery.cam
          entity: camera.backyard
          name: Stop
        - type: custom:webrtc-camera
          ptz:
            service: eufy_security.ptz
            data_left:
              direction: LEFT
            data_right:
              direction: RIGHT
            data_up:
              direction: UP
            data_down:
              direction: DOWN

New way:

type: custom:webrtc-camera
poster: image.backyard_event_image
ui: true
style: >-
  .header {display: none} .pictureinpicture {display: none} .screenshot
  {display: none} .shortcuts {left: 5px; top: 5px; right: unset; display: flex;
  flex-direction: row; --mdc-icon-size: 50px; opacity: 0.7}
ptz:
  service: eufy_security.ptz
  data_left:
    direction: LEFT
  data_right:
    direction: RIGHT
  data_up:
    direction: UP
  data_down:
    direction: DOWN
shortcuts:
  - name: Play
    icon: mdi:play
    service: camera.turn_on
    service_data:
  - name: Stop
    icon: mdi:stop
    service: camera.turn_off
    service_data:

Hello, I’m not sure if this was covered already in this forum but I’m trying to get the event image of my eufy door bell to show up in my notifications on my TV. I have the notifications set up and that’s working fine just can’t figure out how to add the event image to it

I heard about an issue with this integration and RTSP streaming in combination with the Homebase 3, you can see al the camera’s and details but streaming is not available. Try P2P, I need to do that as well but no time to do :stuck_out_tongue: