Eufy Security Integration

You can run the docker which bropat published

1 Like

H there

Iā€™m a newbee and really struggled. I referred to this thread which really help me out. I now how Eufy securitty up and running. (I am running a supervised version.)

Hi there

My eufy is always Stuck in Preparation mode. But i saw, that in the integration I donā€™t have the option with the RTSP stream port. But i have the addon and the WebRTC installed (working aswell with other cameras not from eufy). Does anyone know what could the problem be?

Has anyone solved the problem that it canā€™t tell a persons name? The entity Person name is always ā€œUnknownā€, regardless if the Eufy app/HB3 knows the name or not.
Iā€™ve tried different approaches, as switching my notifications to ā€œmost efficientā€, and the video resolution to 720p. Nothing helps. Please help.

Iā€™ve never been able to figure this out, maybe canā€™t be done. Iā€™ve switched to a combination of frigate+double take and compreface and Iā€™m getting better facial recognition without home base at all.

Anyone have a proper solution to integrate in dashboard and which is actually working, when you click on it, you stream and see live video?

Also would love to see a solution that shows still image and as soon as somebody presses doorbell, the still image is automatically streaming

And third, propbably most difficult one, the same as second question but on google home devices with screen

Who succeeds in these or should i get rid of eufy?

Ditch it,:wink:

We are both after these features for the past 2 years. Probably spend too much time on it already. Lets face it, eufy is pretty limited.

My setup now enables real time streaming on the ha dashboard when i activate the stream. Ca 90% succes rate. Quite happy with this result.

Doorbell still is more often than not a previous still so all in all useless for pop up notifications.

The streaming to Google Home screens should in theory be possible when using webrtc cast feature but i have not managed to get it to work.

Yeah, we are :frowning:

Trying to sell it without luck :frowning: Also not sure what route to go if i ditch itā€¦ google or reolink or unifi

Chiming in here, it is possible, but it cost me a lot of sweat and tears getting it to work. Caveat though is that Iā€™ve remained on 7.7.4, because I wasnā€™t happy with the 8.0.x changes.

I have a combination of NodeRed and automation in the Dashboard, that
a) Switches on the camera and saves a pic if someone is detected, to automatically refresh the pic in the Dashboard
b) Switches on the camera if someone presses a classic bell-button (which has a Fibaro smart implant), to

1. Send a fresh pic via notification and
  2. Bring up a live pic on the dashboard
    c) In case of nobody having pressed the bell, you can click on the static pic on the dashboard, and activate the cam manually

Again, itā€™s a classic situation of ā€œworks in >95% of the cases, so donā€™t change itā€, but there are several things that Iā€™m unhappy with, such as the delay when getting a live video or a snapshot pic.

As this is a very custom-tailored setup Iā€™m kind of hesitant to share it, but please do let me knowā€¦

Can imagine its difficult to sell, the camera itself is good but even the built in motion detection is far from stable - a thread of spider web can trigger a motion event while sometimes my kids taking a bicycle from the shed is not picked up.

Are you looking at the Doorbell or also other cams? Battery cams reolink seem ok, there is some homebrew firmware available I think. Their Doorbell is not straightforward to integrate, specifically Doorbell press requires some tinkering.

I will never buy Google cams, experience with their behaviour around the nest thermostat is one I wonā€™t forget. Simply put, I donā€™t trust them with hardware meant to last a few years. [Nor will I further invest in eufyšŸ¤£]

Also looked into unifi, apart from the price it seems to tick the boxes wrt local access, open protocols etc.

Well if i sell the doorbell, i need to sell the home station.
If i sell home station, i need to sell camera

So it will be package i think.

So then i need to look for both, doorbell and camera.
i didnt know doorbell wasnt good eitherā€¦ from reolink. I will pass that then

What i truly want is instant ā€œdoorbell notification + videoā€ on all google home devices with screen, but it seems only google doorbell has thatā€¦ But im not keen either on that hardwareā€¦

So its so hardā€¦
Unimaginable its 2024 and not 1 doorbell that does it allā€¦

IF you could give the yaml, why not

My info on reolink is 1 year old, when i explored the transition from euf. Perhaps worthwhile to see if they solved the Doorbell press issue.

1 Like

This thread is so rich in information, it becomes almost too dificult to find back the last informationā€¦ but I finally managed, thank you great community.

I have homeassistant running in docker (podman, actually), and got my Eufy doorbell streaming by spinning out

• bropat/eufy-security-ws:1.7.1
  • aler9/rtsp-simple-server:latest and
  • fuatakgunā€™s WebRTC HACS integration.

As a cherry on the pie, I have the ā€œstreamā€ page from go2rtc streaming via DashCast to my Google Home/Nest when someone rings the bell - or just appears on my doorstep. Really nice, thank you great community!

One final question: is it normal that the stream doesnā€™t contain any audio?

Thanks,
Erwin

I have from this week a eufy solo s40 cam in my backyard.
It is automaticly detected in home assistant but now i want to make som automations that turn of the motion detection or the camera in total.
Problem with this is that when i move the slider in home assitant to turn this of it automaticly turns back on without registering in the log. what can i do to this.
I have also a doorbell from eufy that works without any problems

Hi there. I apologize if I am in the wrong spot, but didnt know exactly where to start.

I have the latest version of Home Assistant running, and I have installed Eufy Security, Go2RTC and the WebRTC integrations.

I have used the documentation from github for adding cards and they work for the most partā€¦

If I use this setup below, then the rtsp stream runs no matter what and it times out after a few minutes and you canā€™t get it to start again without going into the Eufy App and toggling on/off the RTSP feature for that camera. The error that pops up is ā€œmse: streams: wrong response on DESCRIBEā€

type: custom:webrtc-camera
url: rtsp://[email protected]/live2
poster: image.backyard_event_image
ui: true
shortcuts:
  - name: Play
    icon: mdi:play
    service: camera.turn_on
    service_data:
      entity_id: camera.backyard
  - name: Stop
    icon: mdi:stop
    service: camera.turn_off
    service_data:

AND if I use this alternate configuration below, I get an error that says ā€œcanā€™t get url for camera.xxā€ and I donā€™t know why, or where to find the url. I checked the entities of the camera as well and it does in fact show me the stream url and rtsp url. So I know they are there.

entity: camera.backyard
poster: image.backyard_event_image
ui: true
shortcuts:
  - name: Play
    service: camera.turn_on
    service_data:
  - name: Stop
    service: camera.turn_off
    service_data:

Can someone people tell what I may be missing, need to add or what might be wrong?

Ultimately I would like to be able to open the dashboard and play the rtsp streams at the push of a button and stop them accordingly OR maybe it makes sense for them to start auto playing when the dashboard is being viewed only?

Any help would be appreciated.

What works for me is the following, and yes, probably some of it is not recommended anymore due to changes in HA, nevertheless: it works.

type: picture-entity
entity: camera.carport_eingang
camera_image: camera.carport_eingang
tap_action:
  action: fire-dom-event
  browser_mod:
    service: browser_mod.popup
    data:
      dismiss_action:
        action: call-service
        service: eufy_security.stop_rtsp_livestream
        data:
          entity_id: camera.carport_eingang
      timeout: 120000
      timeout_action:
        data:
      style: |
        --popup-min-width: 1200px;
        --popup-max-width: 1200px;                
      content:
        type: vertical-stack
        cards:
          - type: conditional
            conditions:
              - entity: camera.carport_eingang
                state: idle
            card:
              type: picture-entity
              tap_action:
                service: eufy_security.start_rtsp_livestream
                service_data: {}
                target:
              camera_image: camera.carport_eingang
            conditions:
                state: streaming
            card:
            conditions:
                state: idle
            card:
              type: button
              tap_action:
                service: eufy_security.start_rtsp_livestream
                target:
              icon_height: 40px
              show_name: false
              show_state: false
            conditions:
                state: streaming
            card:
              type: button
              tap_action:
                target:
              icon_height: 40px
              show_name: false
              show_state: false
hold_action:
  action: none

Hello,

how can i switch on/off the integrated alarm sirene of my Eufy camera?

Best regardas

Philipp

i donā€™t care about video or audio, i just want the camera button input and motion detection
should i just buy a other doorbell?

anyone got an idea why my eufy wont start the p2p stream when i click on it? I only have a eufy doorbell. everything else is pretty nice. Could attach it to my internal ring, power it over so i dont need to charge itā€¦
if there is a similar device where the camera works from the doorbell in HA, i would consider to switch that. But it should also work with power and the internal bell