Eufy Security Integration

Happy that this is resolved :slight_smile:

I wanted to give the integration another try and installed it with WebRTC, etc. But without RTSP Simple Server Add On, because I think fĆ¼r my 2C it is not needed. Right? It is switched of in the config as well.

Is it right, that I do not need the RTSP Simple Server Add On and only needed for devices with only P2P streaming? If yes, I would suggest to add this information as well.

But that is not the reason for my post. My problem is, that it is not working. After reboot and with WRTC for some seconds, but I think the problem is, that the stream sensors and the entity status of the cams always says ā€œstreaming=trueā€, even if there is no streaming or motion or ā€¦ The breaks are afair only the reboots.

And or, that it only gets all status only at reboot and never ever afterwards.I donā€™t know.

Is this a known issue? How to get around this problem?

I thought title is explaining that this is needed for p2p streaming. Installing RTSP Simple Server Add On (for faster P2P streaming): GitHub - fuatakgun/eufy_security

Please create an issue on GitHub and share your camera following readme file.

O.k. That means, only for P2P devices. I only thought about this, because for WebRTC you added ā€œOptionalā€. And Iā€™m sure, that the word ā€œOptionalā€ was at this add on in the past as well.

Regarding the problem. I will do this next time I will install. Currently I rolled back to the working old integration, because nothing worked as shown above and I hoped, that this is a known topic.

WebRTC is a alternative streaming option for home assistant, it is not directly related to eufy security integration. Using it will enable faster streaming inside HA.

RTSP add on is used for faster P2P streaming.

Thank you for this integration.

Iā€™ve just purchased the battery doorbell and today I installed the Eufy_security_addon, RTSP Simple Server Add-on and the Eufy Security integration. Iā€™ve configured them according to instructions.

From what I can see status changes happen when motion/button push happens. No errors in the Add-on log. But I canā€™t get the stream to show. Iā€™ve added a card that looks like below. From what I can see the camera becomes active as the IR leds are turned on. I can also start and stop the stream from Developer Tools.

Am Iā€™m doing anything fundamentally wrong here?

camera_view: live
entity: camera.doorbell
name: Dƶrrklocka
show_name: true
show_state: false
type: picture-entity

Edit: With camera_view set to ā€œAutoā€ I can see the latest snapshot taken and itā€™s updated quite fast as well. But still no luck with the video stream. Appreciate any ideas regarding what I can test.

Hey, nowadays, busy with setting up new version of integration and add-on, can you create an issue in GitHub directly?

Which one is the new version youā€™re working on?

Not released yet, working on it

1 Like

Nice, Iā€™ll keep a look out!

Thank you. Will do. I have come so far that I see the stream initiate but then freezes, usually with a grey, pixelated image.

To give a better error description on GitHub, which log is best to look in?

I have both updated add-on and integration 12 hours ago. Please follow here: Update Eufy Security WS Add On to 0.5.2 (latest) Ā· Issue #59 Ā· fuatakgun/eufy_security Ā· GitHub

3 Likes

Will try it, thank you !

Ok , iā€™m on latest version of addon and integration

Good stuff and bad stuff

The good:

• Finally , really finally Starting and stopping the stream (p2p) for my doorbell works flawless (unless it still has to happen ) It starts quickly too, and no hickups
    Using rtsp addon too and the webrtc integration

So thats good

The bad:
My camera for the garden (which had been working 80% good) now doesnt do anything anymore
Strangly, but i cant start it, nor does it have a picture ā€¦ as thumbnail
Very strange

I tried deleting the integration , adding it again, but still, i cant start it, and no picture
(using rtsp)

Can you check logs from add-on? if you see an error, letā€™s continue over GitHub issues

I just checked
It sait: RTSPPropertyNotEnabled RTSP setting for device T8114P0220281DC4 must be enabled first, to enable this functionality!
details:
{
name: ā€˜RTSPPropertyNotEnabledā€™

Which i found it strange, cause i enabled it in the past. Anyhow checked the app, enabled rtsp again (i dunno why it was disabled), after enabling again, still the same, showing error now
2021-11-16 11:49:52.095 WARN Station T8010P2320280D92 - Command aged out from queue
{
commandType: 1146,
nestedCommandType: undefined,
channel: 1,
ageing: 159980,
maxAgeing: 45000
}
Will put on github

@skank
try to reboot you camera. this fixed some issues with my indoors cameras in the past.

Ok maybe i was too fast :slight_smile:
After restarting addon/integration and rtsp server

All cams now start/stop

Will see if it keeps workingā€¦

3 small things thoughā€¦
The camera 2C hasnt a thumbnail anymore
It buffers slightly (rtsp) while the p2p doesnt
Theres a slight delay on the cam feed, i dunno if i can fix that?

Hi, today there was a new version released of the addon.
What has changed?

Cause yesterday my cams were working, now after the update ,its not anymore
Addon has no errors
The camera says: stream not found
Canā€™t get url for camera.tuin

Restarted everything , but doesnt fix it

Edit: it seems after waiting, it comes back up, strange

i am trying to closely follow releases of eufy-security-ws, you can find version number of add on and check bropatā€™s releases to find our what is included.

For each version update, i first check with my homebase and 2c cameras internally and then update add on if all works fine.

When you update add-on, integration gets disconnected from it, you have to reload integration after starting add on.

1 Like