Eufy Security Integration

ok thx for the info

bad news are coming, eufy is requesting captcha to login into endpoint.
I need to find a way to get captcha from user while starting add-on and implement retrial mechanism.
please hold on your running add-ons, try to avoid to restart them :slight_smile:

Just updated the hacs integration minutes agoā€¦ so I guess Iā€™m fine for now?

Updating integration is fine as long as add-on is running independently

but when you upgrade the ingregration, you have to reboot HA right? or reload the integration alone is fine?

Home assistant core is independent than running add ons. Supervisor, core and other add-ons are simply docker containers running independently.

When you update integration, you restart home assistant core but not intervening with other add-ons

It seems this is what is happening to me. I started configuring this yesterday and it keeps on asking for human verification on the account when trying to log in.

It seems that this generates errors in the log and causes the account to be locked out.

Any ideas on this?

hopefully youā€™ll find a solution for the captcha loginā€¦
one of the reason Iā€™m using this in HA is for arm/disarm when I leave/arrive home. I tried to do it with the Eufy appā€¦ but location is completely shit with the app. It works a lot better with Home Assistant.

While I am working for a solution, I did not receive any captcha request for last 24 hours. Can you restart your add-on and check if you are blocked there? @iceogre

you are asking @iceogre or me to do it?
mine is working fine so farā€¦ Iā€™m afraid to try it :wink:

1 Like

I did both a restart of addon and HA. Also created a new account to share to. Lastly did full uninstall and install of addon. Seems captcha is in full swing.

It sucks cause I like your addon a lot

This is the log entries.

2021-11-24 20:35:31.186 ERROR Response code not ok
{
code: 100032,
msg: ā€˜Failed to request.ā€™
}
2021-11-24 20:35:31.187 ERROR Token error
{
method: ā€˜postā€™,
endpoint: ā€˜v1/app/get_devs_listā€™
}
2021-11-24 20:35:31.437 ERROR Status return code 401, invalidate token
{
statusText: ā€˜Unauthorizedā€™
}
2021-11-24 20:35:31.438 ERROR Status return code not 200
{
statusText: ā€˜Unauthorizedā€™
}

Thanks for keeping here up to date, i will be out for a vacation for 3 days and will be back on Sunday, hopefully i can make it happen then.

1 Like

sounds good. enjoy the break

1 Like

Same issue for me when running @bropat eufy-security-ws in docker

Hoping someone can help with a motion detection notification! I canā€™t seem to get the below trigger to fire the actions:

trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: binary_sensor.living_room_person_detector
    to: 'True'

I can confirm the sensor is working correctly. Any help would be welcome!

Is anyone using a Eufy doorbell through HA, which is exposed to Homekit using the HA homekit bridge? Whatā€™s the experience in HomeKit? Can you answer calls from your apple watch? And whatā€™s the experience (latency,ā€¦)?

Hi all, great work done with the integrations. Keep up the good work. :slight_smile:

Did anyone get it working with the: T8020 Wi-Fi doorbell chime & T8220 doorbell combination?

I encountered this in my installation process. I did the setup as described, but in the logs it says:
2021-11-28 11:04:43.297 INFO Eufy Security server listening on port 3000
2021-11-28 11:04:44.995 INFO No stations found.
2021-11-28 11:04:45.125 INFO No devices found.
2021-11-28 11:04:45.894 INFO Push notification connection successfully established
They are on the same network as my HA device.

Type number WiFi chime: T8020P10212301D6, Wi-Fi Doorbell Chime
Type number doorbell: T8220P6021210810, Battery doorbell 1080P
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN) for this set: E8220311

It looks exactly the same as this one (8222), only the number is different (8220)?

@anon63427907 @bropat

Please check if your device is supported by @bropat s WS repository, if not, you should work with him to add support.

If it is supported, sometimes removing devices from shared account and sharing back again solves a lot of problems.

1 Like

Please search for homekit in closed issues inside repository, you will find some examples

2 Likes