Eufy Security Integration

Thanks for pointing out this update, much appreciated.

Iā€™m not using the 4 version of the app and still experiencing those problemsā€¦ (iā€™m on 3.5ā€¦)
Whats wrong with the setup over here then?

You are right, but the API queries to obtain the stations and devices have been changed to support the new house feature.
In the code of the Eufy App version 4, the old queries are no longer present.
Depending on how you share the devices, you will not see them via the old queries. Furthermore, the selection of the country is responsible for which Eufy Cloud you land on (US, EU, etc.) and this can also lead to the fact that you do not see the devices.

There can be several reasons why you do not see the devices, unfortunately it is not possible to make a statement with the information that some people give here.
The best thing to do is to open an issue on github, fill in all the questions and send me the complete debug logs privately.

Unfortunately, I cannot do anything about the following error, as Eufy reports this error:

2022-01-23 19:26:47.241 ERROR Status return code not 200 
{
  statusText: 'No Content'
}

I have seen several such errors that disappeared by themselves after some time. The cause could be changes on the part of the Eufy Cloud (e.g. to support this new Eufy App version 4.0.0 etc.).

Regarding the other errors with the error code ECONNREFUSED, the cause is a faulty configuration on your side, such as a firewall that blocks.

1 Like

@skank

Are you using Pi-hole or something similar? I think your problem is that your DNS query for firebaseinstallations.googleapis.com returns 0.0.0.0.
If you are using Pi-hole you need to whitelist firebaseinstallations.googleapis.com.

I live in belgium , for the country, do i need to fill in BE or NL or EU ?

Thats strange, caues my firewall didnt change, nor did i change anything at network side, and it work with all other versions.

Hi,

No i dont use pihole, but do use adguard, its pretty the same.
But this also didnt stop the working before, why does it now?
Shall i whitelist firebaseinstallations.googleapis.com ? its safe?

Edit: tried to whitelist in adguard but getting error:
Error: control/filtering/add_url | Couldnā€™t fetch filter from url https://firebaseinstallations.googleapis.com: got status code != 200: 404 | 400

Perhaps certain sites were recently added to the ignore list. Can you check if your homebase is refused specific lookups in your adguard log?

Easiest way to try if this is the issue is to turn off all ignore lists temporarily and/or give your homebase a public dns.

Your block lists are usually updated daily. You probably received a list that is blocking more than before.
To test, I would recommend you whitelist everything that comes from home assistantā€¦ or even better, disable blocking temporarily

Oh man,
you guys rock!

Thx you all, and bropat and fuatakgun, as soon as i stop using adguard, its doesnt throw an error anymore (except no devices)

So now i got to find how i whitelist it and why it doesnt find any devices

Allowing Firebaseinstallations trows an error probably because it is not on any ignore list.

Best to check which dns queries by the homebase and/or the add-on are actually refused - provided you log IP addresses you can directly search IP addresses in the adguard query log.

You can then allow these either network wide or just for the devices involved.

Have you already tried to use the same account you use in the integration in the Eufy app? I assume that you donā€™t see anything there either.

Hi everyone,

Lately I get the error

Failed to set up: Warning: Captcha required - Go to Configurations page for Eufy Security Integration to enter the code

When I disable and enable and re-enter the captcha I get:

Aborted
Only a single instance is allowed.

I tried login in and out of the android app and the web version.
No luck.
Also at Configurations page for Eufy Security Integration I dont see any option for entering a captcha.
Should I start a new thread or can I leave it here?

1 Like

I suggest with going with a github issue with full timeline

1 Like

Can someone share me a Solocam (if so send me a pm). I need to analyse their P2P communication and compare it with the communication of the lock (T8520) as they use the same keepalive mechanism and I noticed an anomaly in the communication of the lock. I want to check if this is an anomaly in the Lockā€™s firmware or not.

I do see my devices thereā€¦ however when mentioning this, i looked to the account i shared and there was 1 typo
Nowā€¦ my devices are back again, and all working fine!
I have the picture back also from picture urlā€¦ so everything is working back 100% now !

Only strange thing is, that i didnt whitelist the url yetā€¦ and it does work again after disabling adguard and enabling adguard again.
Strange, but now i know i have to point out to that in the future.

Thanks all you guys for having patience here!
Superb support !

Hi @skank Iā€™m facing exactly the same issue.
Iā€™m using the same credentials in the Eufy iphone app and within the docker container (main user account). Still Iā€™m facing that very same no device found, no station found, ā€¦ (exact same logs you mentionned.
Tried to create a secondary account ā†’ same issue
Tried to introduce a pswd typo ā†’ got a clear: msg: ā€˜Email address or password incorrect.ā€™ -log
How did you sort that out? :slight_smile:
thanks a lot!

Are you using pihole or adguard?
If so disable it for once, then check the addon back again
If it succeeds, you know the reason
You could whitelist url mentioned above, but for me, enabling adguard again diidnt cause anymore problems

None of themā€¦
I suspected something in my Synology router so disconnected everything and I made a quick test: tethering my 4G connection with my Mac running Docker (bropat-eufy-security-ws), and sharing that wifi tethering to the homebase directly through ethernet connection. Same result. 4g ā†’ Mac ā†’ homebase