Eufy Security Integration

I am personally using webrtc with custom cards.
Native HA is also working as of now.
I had personally issues with go2rtc add-on locally but there are some users out there happy with it.
I am having issues with webrtc v3 (using go2rtc under the hood).

When should we stop using this main thread and start asking our questions under specific posts? :slight_smile: I am personally fine but this thread is more than readable by any human being.

This is killing me, why is audio not working anymore. I just donā€™t get it, tried to use your example with generic camera, same stupid thing.

Ok, very strange on HA mobile app, audio button is grayed our and in Chrome on my PC audio is working fine. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m a bit lost here with all the latest upgrades and stuff.
Sorry for this.

I see the integration is now version 6.1.0
My installed integration is 2.10.0 (huge difference in version numbers)

My eufy security addon is version 1.3.0
RTSP addon is version 0.17.6
And then i have another eufy integrationā€¦

What should i do know?
To get it working again.
I can safely just update my hacs integration to 2.10.0
Or should i stop and/or reinstall other addons too?

I tried the upgrade route and something got screwed up - so I would recommend to delete the ā€œoldā€ eufy security integration (2.10.xx) - restart HA - and do a fresh install of the 6.1.0

Your eufy security addon is the latest 1.3.0 - no action required.

The RTSP addon is not required if you do RTSP streaming.

not sure about your ā€œā€¦other Eufy integrationā€¦ā€

1 Like

Entities have changed?
I think i need to redo automations as wellā€¦ stream sensor is gone?

This was my old automation based on preposal from fuatekgun

- type: conditional
            conditions:
              - entity: binary_sensor.deurbel_streaming_sensor
                state: 'False'
            card:
              type: picture-entity
              entity: camera.deurbel
              tap_action:
                action: call-service
                service: eufy_security.start_p2p_livestream
                service_data:
                  entity_id: camera.deurbel
            conditions:
                state: 'True'
            card:
              type: custom:webrtc-camera
              entity: camera.deurbel
            conditions:
                state: 'True'
            card:
              type: button
              tap_action:
                action: call-service
                service: eufy_security.stop_p2p_livestream
                service_data:
                  entity_id: camera.deurbel
              icon: mdi:cctv-off
              show_state: false
              show_name: true
              icon_height: 20px
              name: STOP CAMERA

Camera is not reflecting the correct status.
If I disable camera in Eufy security mobile app, it is still saying that camera is enabled. Talking about switch sensor (i.e. switch.front_door_camera_enabled).

Hi there. I have the same issue for as long as I have the cameras and that is well over a year. If never got to figure it out. Did you ever find a solution for it? I had a bug opened on got for this issue but the logs were not showing anything relevant so I got closed.

Please check example from README, i have updated them accordingly

For some reason, in some systems, addon is failing to reach to devices.

I suggest you to try to setup add-on on your machine (mac or windows) for testing purposes and see it makes a difference. But, networking is something i dont manage or control via addon.

You can run it as a host networked docker image and give it a try.

Anyone got the T8530 video lock working with Eufy Security Add-on version: 1.3.0 and Eufy Security v6.1.0?

1 Like

Can you share your card? I wonder how you deal with it.

Youā€™ll get double the entities. I removed and installed the integration fixed it for me :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

i have a bunch of these errors with 6.1.0

2023-01-06 16:35:20.726 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.eufy_security.eufy_security_api] _on_message - {'type': 'event', 'event': {'source': 'station', 'event': 'command result', 'serialNumber': 'T8010P2320503511', 'command': 'set_property', 'returnCode': 0, 'returnCodeName': 'ERROR_PPCS_SUCCESSFUL', 'customData': {'property': {'name': 'guardMode', 'value': 63}}}}

what do they mean?

they are not error, it means, you have enabled debug logging for the integration and capturing many stuff in the logs

Hi,

I am trying to get the Eufy Security Add-on working and I get the following log:

2023-01-06 15:10:17.789 INFO Authentication properties changed, invalidate saved cloud token.
Killed

Any idea what to do?

hi all, it is me again.
I will immediately resolve the issues if issue owner does not follow the bug template and I will probably not answer questions over here, if you can find the answer via checking open issues or searching with problem.

I am putting hard time to make things right but people are still creating issues with one sentence, not following the template and accusing me of being weird when I respond to them to follow the rules.

Reminder, you are many and I am only one person.

My main interest is to add support for video events for cameras so you can see recorded videos through Media Sources inside Home Assistant.

12 Likes

new error which gets resolved if i restart the integration (addon remains as it is, no restart needed)

2023-01-06 18:04:06.495 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.eufy_security.eufy_security_api] send_message - {'command': 'driver.poll_refresh', 'messageId': 'driver.poll_refresh.434ceab148eb443496a3f34ea7b7c38c'}
2023-01-06 18:04:06.497 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.eufy_security] Unexpected error fetching eufy_security data:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py", line 225, in _async_refresh
self.data = await self._async_update_data()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py", line 181, in _async_update_data
return await self.update_method()
File "/config/custom_components/eufy_security/coordinator.py", line 81, in _update_local
await self._api.poll_refresh()
File "/config/custom_components/eufy_security/eufy_security_api/api_client.py", line 381, in poll_refresh
await self._send_message_get_response(OutgoingMessage(command_type, command=command))
File "/config/custom_components/eufy_security/eufy_security_api/api_client.py", line 366, in _send_message_get_response
await self.send_message(message.content)
File "/config/custom_components/eufy_security/eufy_security_api/api_client.py", line 375, in send_message
await self._client.send_message(json.dumps(message))
File "/config/custom_components/eufy_security/eufy_security_api/web_socket_client.py", line 84, in send_message
raise WebSocketConnectionError()
custom_components.eufy_security.eufy_security_api.exceptions.WebSocketConnectionError
2023-01-06 18:04:06.507 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.eufy_security] Finished fetching eufy_security data in 0.012 seconds (success: False)