Eufy Security Integration

Do you see any client disconnected messages on add-on?

No, i just searched the logs and there are none

Setting video encoding format from High to Low fixed it for me

1 Like

thanks @anon63427907 for the constant maintenance up to v6.0! I just migrated and everything worked smoothly except the doorbell required minor tinkering to get the camera card to work.

1 Like

i tried it with the following code, but i always get a error

- type: custom:webrtc-camera
          entity: camera.keller
          ui: true
          ptz:
            service: eufy_security.ptz
            opacity: 0.6
            data_left:
              direction: LEFT
              entity_id: camera.keller
            data_right:
              direction: RIGHT
            data_up:
              direction: UP
            data_down:
              direction: DOWN

under the developer console under services i get a unknown error with the example code

service: eufy_security.ptz
data:
  direction: LEFT
target:

and since the newest update all my camera entites are unavaiable, i had no error in the log of the addon but all are unavaiable.

Sorry, I do not know where to set this value. I have used my “Home Assistant” name in the Eufy Security settings, but I still do not see my cameras and doorbell. Is there somewhere within HA that I need to set this value too?

Now I do not see my cameras at all, whereas before it was only the image that I could not see. The time, 09:08, is when I changed the TRUSTED_DEVICE_NAME to “Home Assistant”.

So literally the TRUSTED_DEVICE_NAME is DEVICENAME?
Or do you mean enter my device name? If it is my device name, what value do I use? I tried “Home Assistant”.

It doesn’t matter, it just need a name there.

Ok, I used the device name from Settings->System->General:Name and still the entire Eufy system - 4 SoloCams, 1 doorbell, 1 HomeBase - are unavailable.

Can someone help me out - I update my home assistant tot the latest update (Home Assistant 2023.1.1
Supervisor 2022.12.1 Operating System 9.4 Frontend-versie: 20230104.0) but cant seem to get my eufy security add-on running…
Addon-page says it is running but the logbook keeps empty; after +/- 5minutes the logbook shows ‘Killed’
When I restore to and older version of home assistant everything works fine…

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-01-07 om 13.54.33

SOLVED: problem solved by updating HACS and doing a restart in developer tools

If I use eufy security Video Doorbell Dual Camera (Battery-Powered) Add-on with FRIGATE, does that mean I can just buy the Camera add-on, without that clunky Homebase storage thing?

Hey All,

Question is solved! I did something wrong by myself! Thanks for all the great work to make this integrations work!

The solo cams work without a homebase and connect directly to the WiFi, as do the wired ones. The wired ones have an uninterrupted/continuous rtsp stream and don’t even require the Bropat add-on to control them.

The 2c etc require a homebase to connect to your network - they don’t have a regular WiFi mode/connection but rely on the proprietary eufy wireless connection. They don’t have an ipadress and the rtsp stream is generated by the homebase.

Long story short, it depends on the camera. Best to double check. However the rtsp stream can be picked up by frigate.

Hey all,
For starters, thank you @anon63427907 for your work and great dedication. Sometimes I get the impression that people are just waiting for a ready solution without putting any effort on their part to help. Try to ignore it :grinning:

BTW. I also had a problem with unavailable devices. I managed to solve this problem. What I did? I just uninstalled all configuration and reinstalled.

One of my observations is: do not rename configuration name. image
By default the name is 127.0.0.1, when I tried rename it to “Eufy” all devices stop working… when I back to name 127.0.0.1 again everything start normal working. Maybe this will help someone solve the problem.

1 Like

Not sure what I did, but the Eufy devices are now available. Perhaps I was just too impatient.

This is how looks my configuration:

1. Eufy Security Add-on

2. Eufy Security Integration

PS. In my case old version use “localhost” name for “Host IP Address for RTSP Add On (P2P)” and it don’t works. Now I use 127.0.0.1 and it work well. Maybe this will help someone.

Эта ошибка возникла в кастомной интеграции.

Logger: custom_components.eufy_security
Source: custom_components/eufy_security/eufy_security_api/web_socket_client.py:84
Integration: Eufy Security (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 22:33:48 (7 occurrences)
Last logged: 23:03:48

Unexpected error fetching eufy_security data:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py”, line 225, in _async_refresh
self.data = await self._async_update_data()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py”, line 181, in _async_update_data
return await self.update_method()
File “/config/custom_components/eufy_security/coordinator.py”, line 81, in _update_local
await self._api.poll_refresh()
File “/config/custom_components/eufy_security/eufy_security_api/api_client.py”, line 381, in poll_refresh
await self._send_message_get_response(OutgoingMessage(command_type, command=command))
File “/config/custom_components/eufy_security/eufy_security_api/api_client.py”, line 366, in _send_message_get_response
await self.send_message(message.content)
File “/config/custom_components/eufy_security/eufy_security_api/api_client.py”, line 375, in send_message
await self._client.send_message(json.dumps(message))
File “/config/custom_components/eufy_security/eufy_security_api/web_socket_client.py”, line 84, in send_message
raise WebSocketConnectionError()
custom_components.eufy_security.eufy_security_api.exceptions.WebSocketConnectionError

Anybody know why i get this Error?

All works well at my side now! like you solution with the cards, was new for me that you could use conditional. Hope that the images from the camera itself will be available soon again as in many cases it takes a little too long to create a snapshot after turning on the camera.

1 Like

My errors connecting went away when I upgraded my hardware. RPi 3 doesn’t play nice here. The oDroid does.

1 Like

It doesn’t look like this integration does it, but is there a way to get access to the files being stored on the doorbell?