Eufy Security Integration

I would not rely on picture url, i am receiving some events without no picture url update event.

Yes, I know I can use that as well, but I prefer not to rely on the last_changed and last_updated attributes, as they reset whenever Home Assistant is restarted.

Interesting that you are seeing false positives on that attributeā€¦I will keep an eye on that.

This is not good. Can you open an issue on eufy-security-client with more details?

Unfortunately, a few seconds ago I released version 1.0.0 of eufy-security-client :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@anon63427907

I have now released the new version of eufy-security-ws (0.4.0). This already uses the new driver (1.0.0) and fixes/implements some of your issues/wishes.

2 Likes

It is not reasoning because of your client, it us eufy, i have picture url can be missing time to time.

I need to test it and then update the dependency version in HA addon.

1 Like

Amazing, thanks heaps!

1 Like

one question on this topic, is there any other possibility that pictureUrl.timestamp can be updated without notification?

back to this, please do not use this property, it is only fetched at startup time to fetch some critical information and not updated later on. This is valid for whole properties set of attributes. I was mainly interested in type attribute there.

Yes, by polling the cloud, e.g. if the notifications are not active or for some reason the notification has not arrived in the polling interval of the cloud.

I have Homekit enabled to use their recording system without SD card and paying another cloud, so RTSP canā€™t be enabled. Using the integration I can see pictures of my cam with refresh every X seconds but I donā€™t know how to do to view realtime, is it possible?

did you put your camera in your dashboard manually (using picture view)) or you added it as an entity, If you have used the second option it should be something like below and whenever you click on this, you will see live view. If your stream was not started, you can start it via start_rtsp or start_livestream services.

type: picture-entity
entity: camera.entrance_camera

Is there a way to disable streaming after restarting HA? Whenever I restart it seems to reset each camera to streaming which chews up the battery a bit too much for my liking when I am home. If not, thinking Iā€™ll create an automation to turn it off based on the guard mode after HA restart :slight_smile:

you should disable preload stream option in camera view.

Updated README on this, check item 4 here: eufy_security/README.md at master Ā· fuatakgun/eufy_security Ā· GitHub

thanks a bunch, have done that as well as set an automation to turn off streaming just in case :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for this @anon63427907
I have set this up and all seems ok.
I have a camera page with this and other cameras that show a live still of each camera iā€™m not really bothered about a live stream just something i can quick glance at.
And have added my eufy camera but on that thumbnail it displays the picture of the last person detected which could be from days ago lol.
I have it set as below, Do you know what to put for it to display the latest image.
Thanks

type: picture-entity
name: Doorbell
entity: camera.doorbell

Are you sure your cameras are enabled to send motion notifications and motion notifications configured to include pictures.

Integration fetches latest triggered notification event and shows it picture here.

Hi yeah that options selected iā€™ve just checked.
Ah right so thatā€™s the design to send the last triggeredā€¦ thatā€™s fine.
Do you know if you could do a camera snapshot instead iā€™ve not tried that, iā€™ll have a look
cheers

If you start live streaming, it will show live image and refresh it every 10 seconds.

Thanks just realised live streamings not actually loading iā€™m getting a broken image followed by a HA notification saying login attempt failed although iā€™ve still got battery and all the other sensors.
I do have this error in my main log but not sure it relates to this.

Logger: homeassistant.components.stream.worker
Source: components/stream/worker.py:287
Integration: Stream (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 17:52:26 (24 occurrences)
Last logged: 18:42:10

Error demuxing stream:

And also this error in your app, but this errror from below is from a hour ago.

2021-08-10 17:46:03.746  ERROR Message error 
 LivestreamAlreadyRunningError  Livestream for device T8222P6021200CC7 is already running
details:
{
  name: 'LivestreamAlreadyRunningError'
}
error stack:
ā€¢ message_handler.ts:116 handle
    src/lib/device/message_handler.ts:116:31
ā€¢ server.ts:46 device
    src/lib/server.ts:46:34
ā€¢ server.ts:98 receiveMessage
    src/lib/server.ts:98:58
ā€¢ server.ts:57 <anonymous>