Eufy Security Integration

I have been received this issue from multiple users but haven’t been able to find the root cause.

You can remove and add the integration back to mitigate it. But before that, please send me an email [email protected] with your config_entries.yaml file just including eufy_security section.

1 Like

I have the same question. Started with the first one decades ago, which is still available, but now saw this posts and the link in the installation guide to the other add-on. But no breaking change or migration Info or something else. Or if the bropat one is now required or a prerequisite. As far as I searched and found.

1 Like

bropat was releasing eufy-security-ws docker and i was releasing add-on after testing the new version manually at home, using same versioning system.

bropat decided to release his own add-on and i changed the documentation accordingly. On the other hand, we lost the manual testing cycle but we are receiving faster deployment cycles.

Ah. Thanks. But what do I have to do. I should migrate or I have to migrate, because updates are now only in bropats version and/or this is not the prerequisite for your integration?

Congrats, that must have bee a big piece of work.

Some observations at my end:

• The image works, it us updating and I’ve been able to disable that automation that would start then stop the streams on motion detection.

• I was using your older add-on but with this update, the integration wouldn’t load until I changed to bropats add-on.

• With bropats add-on, for some reason my door lock shows it’s state correctly but I can’t lock/unlock from home assistant. This was why I was still using your add-on.

So right now I need to choose between working camera notifications and working door lock. Let me know how I can help you debug this!

Could it be the add-on that is in use?

With v6.3.0 my integration wouldn’t load until I changed to the eufy-security-ws add-on.

Please inform the lock issue to bropat, share your device with him and let’s wait for a fix on newer version. It won’t be fixed other way around :grinning:

1 Like

you were supposed to drop an email to me explaining the issue… There are many users out there sharing their cameras and I do not have powers to understand what is the issue.

I had went through all doorbells shared with me on US account, assuming yours one ends with ...4093B, I am able to stream normally in my dev environment. One thing I had changed is STREAMING QUALITY to LOW/LOW ENCODING.

I had removed all shared devices from my accounts if I had not received an email about the device. I am not feeling comfortable to have access to these devices and I prefer to have proper acknowledgement as it is called out in README file to keep them.

my apologies for not reading the readme correctly. i can tell by your pic that is my doorbell. i still dont get how you can get it to work and i cannot. my streaming quality is already set to low like you suggested. my biggest issue is i cannot get the stream_url to display correctly now (this was not a problem originally). if i check the box “HOST IP address for RTSP…” i get a True in my url and if i uncheck it i get a FALSE in my URL.

either way, if i start the stream all i get is “preparing” and it never changes to “streaming”. i have uninstalled the addon and re-installed and nothing has changed

I’ve pinged bropat on an existing issue here. Let me know if there’s a better place or way for him to get visibility.

1 Like

I have finally experienced this issue too in my setup, so i can test it now myself

1 Like

Many thanks for your work and your hours on this project, man!
We really appreciate it!! :star_struck:

3 Likes

As of now, I do not have a solution for true/false in configuration window, please manually update /config/.storage/core.config_entries file carefully.

My integration same problem, only make screenshot but no stream video. I update all few tims’s and nothing

Quick question: I have no interest in streaming my eufycams to HA but I would like to be able to snooze them as a group (either via HA automation or button press) to prevent irrelevant detection notifications (e.g. when I’m moving around a lot in the garden). Does this integration provide this functionality? Thanks!

Edit: Just seen the “snooze” function mentioned int he documentation! Thanks!

The new push notifications picture feature is awesome. One question though, I’m finding that my images are showing as tiny thumbnails. Opening the URL in a browser they are only 156x118 pixels but I have Eufy 2C Pro.

Guys need a bit of help, been struggling to get this to work on my mac. Running HA via UTM debian 11.7
Have installed according to steps eufy security ws, rtsp server add on, has>eufy security.
On adding Eufy security with localhost opr 127.0.0.1 and 3000 port given an error no devices found.

This is literally the last step and i have researched a lot but haven’t

been able to find any solution, please someone can advise.

Does anyone know if the SmartTrack Link (Eufy “air tag”) is supported now?

1 Like

It is not listed under bropat’s repository, either needs to be tested or his support to be supported