Eufy Security Integration

I’m guessing it’s a limitation of battery cams.

Hi, I was just wondering if there was any firewall requirements FROM the Eufy Hub tO my HAS instance?

I am using the integration, it mostly works ok, bit buggy with video and certain sensors ail to rpeort in HA but maybe this question is the answer to these issues

Setup

• IoT devices on a secure VLAN
  • HAS OS (VM) on a vlan where my VMs/Containers sit
  • Firewalled off from main LAN where HAS sits, only certain ports open like mqtt etc

I have noticed in my logs on FW that the Eufy HUB is trying to hit my home assistant IP every so often, its not showing me the dest port unfortunately, only the source port which is dynamic so of no use when making a firewall exception

Happy to open it up just need to know the ports

When running eufy_security.generate_image where does the image get stored? I’m looking to reference it in another automation.

Update:
Found the image path in the entity_picture attribute of the camera but for my Eufy 2K doorbell the image is just grey. It is working for my 2C Pro cameras though. Is there some issue with getting the image from the door bell?

Hello,
simply cannot get my video doorbell to show video or snapshots in HA. I khave a feeling i know why but not how to fix it.

i have Wyze cameras as well so prior to setting this up i already have a working Wyze videos in HA using WebRTC/go2rtc. when i setup this integration i skipped the adding of the RTSP Simple Server cause i had WebRTC/go2RTC setup and thought i didn’t need it. so after nothing working i tried to add the RTSP Simple Server addon but cant run it because something is already using the RTSP port and i assume it’s WebRTC/go2rtc.

any ideas on how to get this working along side WebRTC/go2rtc??

1 Like

I have been using this addon for an extended period, and initially, I was highly satisfied with its performance. However, I am currently facing some concerns. The main issue arose when one of my older T8500 locks recently malfunctioned, and unfortunately, it seems that this particular model has been discontinued. While consulting the supported devices listed on the GitHub page, I discovered that only one lock is presently available for purchase on Amazon. Regrettably, none of the new eufy locks, which I would prefer for compatibility within my existing ecosystem, are supported by this integration.

To temporarily address this setback, I have resorted to using Alexa as an intermediary to communicate with my new T8502 model through Home Assistant. However, given these circumstances, I am now contemplating whether it is still wise to rely on this integration or if it would be more sensible to explore alternative lock brands that seamlessly integrate with Home Assistant. My ultimate goal is to ensure that I make the best decision possible for the future of my smart home setup.

1 Like

Stay away from eufy if you are interested on home assistant integration. It could be a super good brand by itself but home assistant integration is very fragile (blaming myself :slight_smile: ) because we are working backwards and it (integration) can be broken anytime. Other lock brands supporting api (i am using nuki) could be better

1 Like

Image is generated as camera image (not stored anywhere other then temp) so you need to call save snapshot service of respective camera.

The only problem is that for my doorbell the image is just grey with no picture. It works fine for my other 2C cameras.

Thanks for all your hard work and doing it in your free time!

Are you planning to investigate and implement the new feature in bropat’s library to download images?

Yes i am planning and already started but having some issues with captcha and 2fa, trying to sort it out first

2 Likes

Looks like I’m in the same boat here. I’m running HA-docker with bropat/eufy-security-ws and aler9/rtsp-simple-server containers, and everything else about this integration is working except for doorbell video.

if anyone is having issues while setting up the integration first time, it might be related to here: [Feature request]: Initialization flow · Issue #211 · bropat/eufy-security-ws · GitHub

if you are having issues regarding to streaming, please share your cameras with me following README file on repository (GitHub - fuatakgun/eufy_security: Home Assistant integration to manage Eufy Security devices as cameras, home base stations, doorbells, motion and contact sensors.)

i shared my doorbell camera with you

I have published a new version of integration to support latest feature of having push notifications picture available without camera streaming.

3 Likes

is the 'errorCode': 'schema_incompatible' in the eufy-security-ws preventing set up a common problem? Im having a hard time finding a guide/solution about it?

Thanks for any help in advance

You have to update add-on to latest version from bropat’s repository

omg… that was it… why is it universally accepted to have the most unhelpful error messaging haha. Thanks so much Fuatakgun!!

Hi fuatakgun, it seems you know more about streaming from an Eufy cam.
From the info that I found, RTSP should be possible for this model.
I have enabled RTSP, assigned a user/pw and use the documented url but don’t get anything in VLC.
The setting is saved, I rebooted the camera after enabling RTSP but still nothing.

Before enabling RSTP, I could not ping the device, once enabled gives me a ping reply.
Do you have any idea what might be wrong?

@anon63427907 : After updating to 6.3 version, this integration stopped working for me. When ever I start the p2p service with a button press it goes from idle to preparing to steam and nothing happens after that. I still have the picture of last snapshot from the video doorbell. I check my RTSP server and everything looks fine, the difference i see in the Eufy security config dialog is that the host IP address for RTSP now has a checkbox but can’t enter the IP address any more. Could you help me here please. TIA