Eufy Security Integration

Trying to, the documentation on your github is very comprehensive and covers 95% of issues raised - crappy firmware though is not something we can change.

As a side note, performance of my own system is also way more buggy than it was before “encryption gate”. Tried to offload the streams to frigate, but that’s a no go. Seriously considering to dump eufy and start fresh.

2 Likes

You rely on p2p or rtsp? I have some eufy devices on rtsp and they are good but one p2p based and it is not reliable (inside home assistant)

no i got the T8210

its the doorbell as well thats unreliable at ur place?
Here its my doorbell (p2p)

Yes, same here. Doorbell (same model as yours) over P2P is buggy - still image is ok, often delayed though.
Doorbell press is really the only element which performs well - use it to trigger a ring on my Google speaker upstairs (when working from home).

RTSP devices are okayish, however do not show last action/activity in still image.

EUFY indicates it looks to improve compatibility with apple home kit. Providing secure video through native webrtc. Maybe that will help in time? Setting up homekit on HA and routing through there?

i experience exactly the same thing

Mine just stays in idle and wont show anything else at all.

Hey,

maybe someone can help me:
i setup the rtsp server and eufy-security-ws.

when i try to add the local ip i get an error.

Im also having the “unknown error occured” when installing one of the latest versions. One thing i noticed - it was throwing the error right away (not trying to connect/initializing). What works for me: Remove EUFY from HACS. Restart. Download v. 6.1 (oldest) . Restart. setup with Localhost/127.0.0.1 and correct port. All is fine and I can even update EUFY to latest version (6.3.2) and it still works.

1 Like

Hi,

May be related.
I have this error since I updated to 6.3.2 (from 6.3.1)
See below.

Eufy Security - Error
Error: <Task finished name='Task-8252' coro=<WebSocketClient._process_messages() done, defined at /config/custom_components/eufy_security/eufy_security_api/web_socket_client.py:62> result=None>

This happened to me as well. There is a related issue in Github. Surprised updgrading after downgrading works for you.

For me, I had to downgrade to 6.3.1 and stay. I tried to upgrade to 6.3.2 after setting up with 6.3.1, but I later realized that the camera entities were not updating upon motion detections, so had to roll back to 6.3.1 again. Are you sure everything is working fine after upgrading to 6.3.2?

Hello! Is this related with the possibility to download directly clips/images recorded in the hub? I am having an issue with my new kit (HomeBase 2 + 4x 2CPro’s). Integration works fine. However, I have the following automation to send 3 photos to a Telegram group upon motion detection:

alias: "Eufy: Telegram de imágenes 2CPro 04"
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - binary_sensor.eufy_2cpro_04_person_detected
    to: "on"
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - binary_sensor.eufy_2cpro_04_motion_detected
    to: "on"
condition: []
action:
  - service: eufy_security.start_rtsp_livestream
    data: {}
    target:
      entity_id: camera.eufy_2cpro_04
    enabled: true
  - service: eufy_security.generate_image
    target:
  - service: camera.snapshot
    data:
      filename: www/snapshots/eufy_2cpro_04_latest_01.jpg
    target:
    data:
      filename: www/snapshots/eufy_2cpro_04_latest_02.jpg
    target:
    data:
      filename: www/snapshots/eufy_2cpro_04_latest_03.jpg
    target:
  - service: notify.cesar_telegram
    data:
      data:
        photo:
          - file: www/snapshots/eufy_2cpro_04_latest_01.jpg
            caption: Foto 2CPro04 1/3
    data:
      data:
        photo:
          - file: www/snapshots/eufy_2cpro_04_latest_02.jpg
            caption: Foto 2CPro04 2/3
    data:
      data:
        photo:
          - file: www/snapshots/eufy_2cpro_04_latest_03.jpg
            caption: Foto 2CPro04 3/3
  - service: eufy_security.stop_rtsp_livestream
    target:
mode: queued
max: 5

There is a delay of about 10 seconds between the clip stored in the hub and the photos, so the photo I get in Telegram could not display any potential burglar at all. So far, the only thing I can do is to watch the clip in the Eufy app. However, this is not the ideal scenario. What I would like to do is to send photos to my neighbours so they can call the police with some sort of proof, in case my wife and I are (for example) fliying in an aircraft.

Can this delay be reduced?

If not, is it possible to download the motion detection clip recorded with the camera instead of opening the RSTP stream and capture it?

Hey all, bropat had released a new version of add-on and it could help to fix some issues such as captcha, 2fa and support for recent devices, please get latest version of add-on and reload the integration.

1 Like

Updated to 1.6.0 from Bropat, just to let everyone know, seems like the camera’s feel quite a bit snappier now. Hopefully not placebo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Eufy T8124 is giving me an ‘Unknown’ state on the Current Mode, only camera that is facing the issue.
Was working perfectly a few hours ago, I’ve also updated to the latest version and reloaded HA and integration.

Check here: Alarm Control Panel status of HomeBase 3 · Issue #828 · fuatakgun/eufy_security · GitHub

No luck unfortunately, Homebase 2 is working perfectly, just having the issue with the Eufycam Solo S40 (T8124). Can’t change security modes now but was working perfectly earlier today and for more than a month.

e.g. entity: ‘alarm_control_panel.T8124’ is showing as ‘Unknown’

The camera picture updates are still not working for me, I always see some old pictures and not the latest ones. My Node-Red flows aren’t helping either, so not getting the snapshots I’m making there either.

When I go back to 6.2.0 it will work again, but I would rather help getting this straight.

Are you really sure this is an issue within bropat’s library? How can we get to the bottom of this?

What is the exact question?

The question is why the push notification pictures are not automatically updating, as per the function that was introduced in 2.5.0 of bropat’s library. I’d expect that my camera entity’s idle picture gets refreshed every time movement has been detected, without me having to start the stream and take a picture myself.

Maybe I misunderstand this feature?