Eufy Security Integration

No, not as of now as these videos are encrypted and as far as I know, we do not have a solution to decrypt and download them after latest eufy relate issues.

you can ask support from bropat first and I can implement it on the integration and do not forget to buy him a coffee.

Some news, good and bad;

• I have been working with @alexxit for last couple of days to get rid of TCP and FFMPEG based streaming from eufy_security (this) integration and fully hand over the logic into go2rtc (also known as webrtc as a custom integration). Finally, he completed his magical part and I will be refactoring my own part accordingly. (GOOD NEWS)
  • this means that you must expect some issues for p2p based streaming so keep your horses down :slight_smile: (BAD NEWS)
  • I am actually very excited with this because p2p streaming was very fragile since the beginning and I believe this is the way forward to make it much more reliable.
  • I will also get rid of other FFMPEG processes to generate thumbnails from and fully rely on go2rtc generated images.
  • We will also become independent of RTSP Add-on because all the heavy lifting will be done on go2rtc end now.
  • I will not release any version and just post all changes into MASTER branch. Interested parties, please get the changes from there to give it a test. I will collect feedback or bugs through this period and hopefully release a new version in a week. (I am also waiting on go2rtc/webrtc releases too.
1 Like

Fantastic, look forward to testing it!. Is this also the way home bridge deals with the streams?

As for the main branch, any other dependencies/settings etc we need to take into account? Eg. The latest version op webrtc?

@RT1080 ,I will update README file accordingly, but in essence;

• disable current webrtc integration
  • install master version of go2rtc add-on
  • install master version of eufy_security integration

To track the discussion, please take a look over here: Add support incoming H264 bitstream Ā· Issue #745 Ā· AlexxIT/go2rtc Ā· GitHub

who knows, we can even support audio through p2p now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In the official Eufy app when a camera goes offline for any reason it will show in the app but there is no way of knowing unless opening the app. Is it possible to detect when a camera has gone offline via the integration? Iā€™m hoping to use it to send a notification.

Thanks.

please create a github request to create a sensor about connectivity, I am receiving these events but not processing them at all.

Wonder if someone can advise - I have just purchased a Homebase 1 simply because I have one camera at the back of my house which could not fully reach the home base.
The camera connects and I see the homebase in my Eufy Security app

However, the second homebase does not seem to have any of the arm features available

Iā€™m unclear if this is a bug or expected behavior - Iā€™ve tried scanning the docs so sorry if I missed something

If it is expected, is there any way I can unify the arm events? My expectation was that Iā€™d just link in HA (NodeRed), but given it is missing the guard mode, it seems I cannot do this.

Check diagnostic sensors if there is anything useful

Sensor isnā€™t going to help as I need to change state, not read state (that device is the secondary) (also, they all seem to be unavailable)

Did you check?

@vaderag , rephrasing my question, check diagnostic entities

This is what is here @anon63427907 but they show as unavailable

Enable them, update entity and wait for next reload (probably in next 30 seconds)

Hello,
I want to save videos of the events outside Eufy app.
Did you succeed ?

Looks like this might have worked - havenā€™t tested the state change yet, but thank you!

I have the same issue and those Diagnostic entities donā€™t have any options for me to enable. Using homebase 2 and 2C Pro.

For the 2C Pro, i cannot start stream or do anything

You need to click on gear icon to get the options

Thank you. I thought normally these options will show automatically.

Wonder if iā€™m missing something still - I only seem to have the options to set custom arm modes - is there one to simply set away arm mode?

EDIT: answering my own question - seems standard arm modes are in alarm_control_panel and not eufy_security domain

EDIT2: Not seeing a way to trigger the homebase alarm tho - tried the related items in both domains and doesnā€™t seem to do anythingā€¦

Edit3: Okay, so seems that arm_away on alarm_control_panel doesnt do anything :frowning:

So back to square one

Iā€™ve also just tried making a custom arm mode and setting that and that doesnā€™t seem to work eitherā€¦ (which definitely works with my main home base)

Nor does it work in the UI - if I change the item in the picklist nothing happensā€¦ (Note, it does reflect changes that I make in the app, so the connection is there)

So in summary - any actions I take in the app are reflected for the homebase, but nothing I do to the homebase from HA changes anything (canā€™t trigger alarms, change modes etc)
Any thoughts?!

Any idea of capturing dual camera doorbell and wall light camera video? assuming its p2p? No entities are added for those.

It is not listed under supported devices, so you must work with bropat (or else I should learn how to contribute to his repository for new device types :slight_smile: )