Eufy Security Integration

and there is a button which you are supposed to press to call the service, did you click it @vs6817 ?

I have the play and stop icons in the top right but they dont see to do anything

This pops up when I click the play button

I spent all day on this same issue and I couldn’t figure it out as well. Maybe my Eufy 2k Doorbell isn’t supported.

Edit: BTW The states of the person_name sensor are not the best at the moment. Unknown for not know person is hardly usable in HA, because it is a restricted word and has other Meaning and NULL/empty is hard to use either. At least it should be Normal or off instead of empty as in other sensors and not_known or whatever else for unknown persons instead of Unknown.

Sorry for quoting me again. Is there any chance to fix this person sensors? “Unknown” and “empty” is not the implemented way for any other entities and not useful for HA automations at all. Unknown is a state in HA for other purposes than an unknown person and a state where the entity is explicitly not unknown. And you hardly can check against from “empty” or to “empty”.

At least it should be Normal or off instead of empty as in other sensors and not_known or whatever else for unknown persons instead of Unknown?

Integration does not decide on the value of the sensor other than mirroring incoming values from add-on

So the way to change is the add-on? Who can this suggest?

Ok, i read it again and better understand now. Please create a request over GitHub to ask to map these special values to something else. I prefer to do this in integration because your ask is specific to home assistant. @arganto

1 Like

I was getting this same issue. I’d have to stop/start repeatedly for it to show me the stream. It got to the point where I couldn’t reliably start/stop the live streams or would even have my cameras show up in the Eufy app as turned off, despite me only trying to start/stop the livestream. I had to remove it for now until it’s more stable.

Should i try it already or better wait a few days.
Als oyou say to uninstall rtsp simple server, but your readme file still says to install?
quote:

If you are intending to use this integration for video streaming purposes and if your camera does not support RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol) based streaming (no option of continuous or NAS recording in your camera settings), you also need to install RTSP Simple Server Add-on. This add-on will enable us to convert peer to peer (P2P) bytes into a RTSP stream so you can play it nicely inside Home Assistant (with or without RTC) or with VLC Player.

For me the stream doesn’t work. When I manually toggle the RTSP button in Home Assistant it will show the stream. But when I close the stream and reopen it again it fails again.

It worked fine until I upgraded to the Homebase3. Did you manage to let it work?

@anon63427907 did you recognize this issue?

Currently I always have to start the app to switch the cameras to away mode, as they are not controlled by the home base.

I was hoping that I could create an automation that would automatically set the cameras to away mode when I set the home base to away via the Eufy control panel. Is it possible that the cameras cannot be switched via this integration? I do not find the same “guard mode” information.

I searched this post and tried a couple of things, now hoping for some help here.

I can sent a message notify to my iphone when my eufy doorbel press is triggered succesfully.

What I want to add to the notify is the doorbell event image itself. The same as the image of image.doorbell_event_image entity.

Many thanks in advance.

Rien

Anyone know if T8530 is supported yet ?
(I posted in another old thread as well)

This should exist for each station (homebase or independent cameras)

Check readme, there is an example of sending a mobile notification with image

1 Like

Check supported devices link on readme, if it is not there, work with bropat and wait for new add on version, integration will pick it up automatically.

I heard similar issues with homebase3 users. Did you try p2p streaming?

Please raise a PR to get rid of this part, or replace RTSP add-on with webrtc

Please create an issue and share your device with me so I can debug