Eurom Alutherm Heater in HA

Thanks for your config @Noria I will test it and reply my experiences
Another thank you for the Quick follow up of your personal gmail notify :slight_smile:

It works ! Thank you Noria !

1 Like

Great. BTW, it really communicates only locally with HA. Iā€™ve put heaters into separate network without access to rest of home network and it stopped working.

1 Like

Thanks, it works great!

Please, can you tell how you did the connectionšŸ‘šŸ¼

@Noria

Hi Noria;

Thanks for all the work youā€™ve allready put into this. It helped me extremely well!
Now I try to take it one step further (off course we would like toā€¦) For setting, I have 4 options high, mid, low and off. Especially this last one to my opinion is interesting.
I would like to use these High and Off for switching on the heater, instead of the general ā€˜Offā€™. The general off appaerently puts my heater back into automatic mode, which I donā€™t want.

Did you find a way to include the ā€˜offā€™ from this preset/setting. Up to now Iā€™ve tried some things, but without any succes.

@billboon1966

The Eurom Heaters have to be added in Home Assistant with the Tuya integration. Even better with the LocalTuya integration. There are multiple leads in this topic, and on the internet to get this done. Iā€™ve done this several weeks ago, with the use of this guy on youtube (adviced to set speed to 0,5, wow he talks fast!) https://youtu.be/VCd0kYWLvMQ
Beside that the description from Noria is the needed addition to get the eurom heaters added!

Hello,

as far as I understand it, preset is not there to turn it on/off. It is there to set the power of heating.
Use ā€œhvac_modeā€ if you want to set manual / auto / off. It is the main state of the climate.
Using appdaemon you can even call turn_on / turn_off

@Noria, is it possible to post your (complete) climate.py or the relevant parts of it? Iā€™m trying to get it to work, but only partially suceeded. Iā€™m on the latest HA versione 2023.10.5 and latest localtuya integration version

I figured it out how to set the heat levels. You can use custom preset sets.

Here is a snipped of my climate.py file. Especially the last set will be interesting for you.

PRESET_SETS = {
    "Manual/Holiday/Program": {
        PRESET_AWAY: "Holiday",
        PRESET_HOME: "Program",
        PRESET_NONE: "Manual"
    },
    "low/mid/high/off": {
        "off": "off",
        "low": "low",
        "mid": "mid",
        "high": "high"
    }
}

In my case, I also changed the value of ā€œPresets DPā€ to 5. In the example of @Noria the DP ID was set to 101. This DP ID might be different on other eurom devices. To be sure, you can check the device debug in Tuya IoT platform.

Thanks for calling out. Nevertheless it is working acceptable for me like it is now, so I donā€™t want (or dare) to try implementing your possible solution :wink: Doesnā€™t take my appreciation for your input away.

Just bought a Eurom Alutherm 1500.
I did exactly this and ā€œPresets DPā€ is indeed also 5 for me. I also had to change the HVAC_MODE_SETS to ā€œmanualā€ and ā€œautoā€ instead of ā€œmā€ and ā€œpā€:

HVAC_MODE_SETS = {
    "manual/auto": {
        HVAC_MODE_HEAT: "manual",
        HVAC_MODE_AUTO: "auto",
    },
    "Manual/Auto": {
        HVAC_MODE_HEAT: "Manual",
        HVAC_MODE_AUTO: "Auto",
    },
    "Manual/Program": {
        HVAC_MODE_HEAT: "Manual",
        HVAC_MODE_AUTO: "Program",