EV wall charger that supports Home Assistant - Adjust wattage

Hello,

Via Haks if you want or just copy the folder over the old one.

Ok, thanx, via hask I have to delete and replace all the new files, one by one?

I can answer myself, I think I found how to download from github with HACS

:+1:
If you add it via haks, will let you know when an update is available.

Hello, Stefan.

I’m looking into the Duosida EV station, on the AliExpress link you posted and i can see they mention some sort of RFID availability, for the wifi enabled model. Can you confirm this for me, please?
Also, in the event it does support RFID reading, if they provide any cards and if it’s possible to provide access clearance and getting consumptions through the integration.
I’m planning on deploying a charging station for customers (small tourism rural villa) and would love to integrate such a solution into my existing HA installation.

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Hello Hugo,

I remember that i saw some cards in the package but i can’t find them anymore.
I will order some cards to check this out and come here with feedback.
It will take a day or 2 to receive the cards…

Tried with the received cards, id doesn’t seems to work with…maybe wrong frequency

Hello!

I am using a wallbox that came with our hybrid car.
I have a shelly plug that powers the charger when sufficient solar power is available and unpowers when there is insufficient solar energy.
To make sure that I don’t disconnect the power source during self tests the minimum charge time is 3 minutes.

On a cloudy day it does connect and disconnect quite often and I was wondering if anyone with some background knowledge can advice if this could lead to problems.

My thoughts where that manually removing the charge plug is the same as cutting the power source and that the battery should be able to coope with power fluctuations because that is what happens during driving as well.

I think is better to change the charging power instead on turning the charger on and off.
I uploaded a video on github with my charger in a cloudy day and automation to redirect the extra power to the charger…

I found the cards that came with the inverter and it’s working…

Shelly plug is only rated to 2500 watts (Or atleast those i have are)

So unless you charge REALLY slow it is no really ideal to use it.

And if you use it at near max capacity, i would argue that the small relay inside will not last very long.

Is this compatible with your integration?

Is Duosida

Looks slightly different but if it works with the DS Charge APP then YES.

1 Like

Wait. So which one of these works locally, no cloud?
Is OpenEVSE the only one? I am really sorry to devs but I don’t want that on my wall. And even if I was willing to, I can’t find Type2 ones to buy.

If this is about the look or the functions of the OpenEVSE? Wouldn’t you be able to build your own enclosure or beef up the wires or add safety features however you like?

I mean, this might still be an easier path than searching / waiting for other non-cloud solutions.

1 Like

I have bought the Lektrico wall box and it does work like a charm ! local api, you can adjust the power depending on what solar panels can offer ! Nice. Reactivity is ok. Today I adjust from 6 to 16A, because I’m on a normal plug, but it’s plan to target 32A.

1 Like

Could you help elaborate more on the local api part?
I mean, do we need internet to setup up the Lektrico? How do we integrate into HA using its local api?

You just need to connect the wallbox on the same network, via wifi and then use the good hacs module. A bit of setup and it’s work.

Have you seen EmonEVSE? OpenEVSE’s “fully CE certified” cousin: EmonEVSE WiFi Connected EV Charging Station (Type-2) - Shop | OpenEnergyMonitor

Thanks. But I went with go-eCharger. Cool device so far, just a small issue of connection on top and no tethered option. Otherwise nicely engineered product.

I also ended up with the E-go charger and a controller.

I have not even gotten around to putting it into Home Assistant, when i got it, i was into the “I wont even charge my house battery fully” time of year, but even next year when i start to get enough so charge the car with surplus solar, i expect the controller to do the load balancing so if i connect it with solar assistant it will mainly be for monitoring, not actual control of the charging process.