Eve energy and Thermo problems

Hi,

Great job to get EVE in HASS!! The new version Thermo is working great!!

The old version now seems to link but after a reboot only 1 of the 4 (in my setup) comes up.

After every reboot this is a different device!!!

Supervisor: 2022.10.2
Operating system: 9.3

Update: the Thermo’s who are showed as okay, don’t update their current temperatures.

Device Log:

’’’
2022-10-27 20:50:15.997 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Waiting on integrations to complete setup: homekit_controller

2022-10-27 20:50:24.546 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry Eve Thermo 0747 for homekit_controller

File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/homekit_controller/init.py”, line 42, in async_setup_entry

File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/homekit_controller/connection.py”, line 198, in async_setup

2022-10-27 20:50:32.109 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry Eve Thermo E93D for homekit_controller

File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/homekit_controller/init.py”, line 42, in async_setup_entry

File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/homekit_controller/connection.py”, line 198, in async_setup

2022-10-27 20:50:48.490 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry Badkamer radiator for homekit_controller

2022-10-27 20:51:16.174 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Waiting on integrations to complete setup: homekit_controller’
’’’

Hello Bollemp3,

Can you point me in the right direction for the setup guide to link my Eve Thermo’s to my HASS? I have exhausted every Google link, including adding a new Automation within HASS, and EVE just doe not show up.

Any help would be appreciated…

Hi, your Bluetooth have to be enabled.
My raspberrypi 3b+ with the newest home assistant was show them automatically. In the devices view.

You have to use the homekit controller:

BTW.
V2 is was working perfectly but after the newest updates they also stopped :cry: no errors in the device list but the temperature is always the same and I can’t control them anymore

Thanks for your reply. I believe I have Bluetooth enabled as the raspberry Pi+4 that i have HA installed on has appeared in the Integrations page for Devices. However, when I try do add a new integration and use Bluetooth, I get the following message…

‘No unconfigured Bluetooth adapters found’

However, there are no ‘Eve’ entities that I can see. I am using the ‘Eve’ and ‘HomeKit’ apps on the iphone that correctly have all my Eve Thermos (7 in total) and 1 energy plug installed. However, no Eve products are showing in the Devices page for Integrations on HA.

I currently have the latest updates for everything.

Home Assistant 2022.11.2
Supervisor 2022.10.2
Operating System 9.3
Frontend 20221108.0 - latest

I’ve restarted the HA many times (full restart) but nothing appears that is related to any Eve products. Is there a way to kick start the HA finding any new devices, or should a full restart be efficient enough?

Thanks…

You’ve maybe already tried this, but unpair one of them from HomeKit. While you do that have your HA instance open to the integrations page. The just-unpaired Eve product should be discovered instantly. If not go quickly to add the integration at Apple > HomeKit Controller. It should then come up there.

You also may need to hard reset the Eve device, add it to HomeKit and then quickly delete it and scoop it up on HA.