Event data/template string 'contains' a number - how to find it? Substr()?

I have an event that triggers when a license plate number match is found. Numbers seem to work better than letters and I’d like to match on the numbers of a known plate.and ignore the letters. Example:

Since the plate is read at an angle when the camera fires, the numbers come back but not all of the letters. One solution is to define an event for every possible combination of detections. Not very elegant.

How can I match on just the numbers 40752 which are reliable? In the case above, the full plate ID is ‘8x40752’ but only “x40752” was detected and returned by the event which does not match 40752. Of course I could match on all combinations, ie:

8x40752
x40752

But I’d like something more generic so the automations don’t become unwieldy.

I’m familiar with substrings, but how could this be used in some kind of template so I match on just the numbers thus firing the automation. I think I need to filter/format the event result before the match occurs.

I have several different plates to match against. Some have 3, 4 and 5 numbers. A “contains” operator would be ideal.

Jeff

What ALPR are you using?

This is platerecognizer.com, but Im also testing Sight Hound. The former is MUCH better at plates, the latter at type of vehicle.

Jeff