eWeLink TH01 loosing connection

Hey there,

i am using an eWeLink TH01 temperature device in a server rack for temperature measuring.
It ususally should connect to a Power plug in the same room (2 meters distance) which then should connect to a IKEA Tradfri light bulb in the next room, which then should connect to the SkyConnect zigbee stick.

Unfortunately, the temperature sensor is constantly loosing the connection.

Unless i add several more powered devices, is there anything else which can be done to prevent conection losses?

The sensor is visible in the picture at the left connected to the power storage router.

Welcome!

Have you checked if the TH01 is still sending reading even if it show as not connected in ZHA? I had a TH01 on my ZHA setup for several years and it never showed as connected no matter what I did, however it sent reading the whole time. On the ZHA map, it just sat on the side with no connection lines to any other device.

You might try removing it and do the ‘add via’ function to add it to the Power Plug router. This was how I added my TH01 and it showed the above behavior.

Good hunting!

Do you get readings?

if you do, ignore the graph

the graph sucks

That’s what i already did several times.
At the moment it “seems” to stay connected, but since over 15hours the temperature in the room didn’t changed, which is kinda suspicious.

Reading the attributes from the device is not possible. There is always a red exclamation mark in a white star when i click on “read attributes”

In the logs i get the following error:

2023-08-08 08:41:41.578 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection] [547813475392] Error handling message: Timeout (timeout) $user from 10.20.22.32 (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/115.0.0.0 Safari/537.36)

Screenshots?

having the same issues with this sonoff temp and humidity sensor, have 3 of them and they all got disconnected the same day and never reported again/look as connected but no new data has been received for hours.

It helped when i restarted my Raspi from time to time

Two things I did that I believe solved this:

1. Killed my 2.4Ghz wifi and left only 5ghz plus the iot wifi where I have all the automation devices.
  2. Kept my Zigbee channel on 22 while my 2.4ghz wifi on channel 1 or 2.

Also added 4 repeaters (smart plugs)
And stopped my routers nightly rebooting, to a weekly reboot.

Something seemed to help not sure what.
Also enabled my IPv6 and all of these ended up fixing my matter devices as well. At least something did…not sure what