Execute batch file on windows via HASS (on RPI)

I want to backup my BlueIris camera recordings (on a Windows machine) to (for example) Google drive when the Alarm is triggered (and not disarmed) or when my power is down. To be able to do this I need to be able to run a batch file on my windows machine that copies the files.

How can I make windows pick-up a command from HASS?

Any ideas welcome!

I use a program called voxcommando to do this but if you didn’t want to go that route you could probably use something like eventghost as well.

I wanted a way that i could tell alexa to “turn recording on” Which records the last 30 seconds of playtime in my game so that if i just did something i wanted recorded i can easily do it with a voice command. So i made a script in home assistant like so

recording:
  sequence:
    - service: mqtt.publish
      data:
        topic: "HomeAssistant/"
        payload: "Recording"

From there a program on my pc called voxcommando sees the mqtt message “recording” was posted and then fires an automation that opens a batch file i created.

Ive used eventghost before so if you’re interested in going this route i can try to help you further.

I’m a VoxCommando fan, too. I didn’t realize they had MQTT integration. Nice.

Yea I kinda begged James for it after I got my happy bubbles so I could integrate some presence detection with vox.