Existing alarm PIR sensor - integration with Hassio via MQTT

Hi,

I need to admit that i tried to solve it myself for almost 2 weeks now - failed
I also checked some simillar topics but couldnt find solution.

I have Jablotron JA-80 alarm system fitted at home with PIR sensors in each room which i wish to integrate with my hassio.

I have connect each sensor from the alarm motherboard to arduino and uplad below code to the arduino with ethernet shield:
https://github.com/SuperHouse/SecuritySensor4ToMQTT
I manage to connect it to my mqtt server - Mosquitto. When i checked the logs at Mosquitto its states that ne client (arduino IP) connected. Also when i publish a test topic from homeassistant its received by arduino as i can see a message at arduino IDE serial monitor. Based on above i
assuming that arduino is properly conected to homeassistant via MQTT.
I can see following at the arduino IDE serial monitor:
Using static MAC address: DE:AD:BE:EF:FE:ED
My IP: http://192.168.1.10
MQTT connected
Ready.
Sensor 0 changed from Unknown to Alarm
15-A-3
Sensor 1 changed from Unknown to Normal
15-B-1
Sensor 2 changed from Unknown to Alarm
15-C-3
Sensor 3 changed from Unknown to Tamper
15-D-2
Sensor 0 changed from Alarm to Tamper
15-A-2
Sensor 2 changed from Alarm to Normal
15-C-1
Sensor 3 changed from Tamper to Alarm+Tamper
15-D-4
Sensor 0 changed from Tamper to Alarm+Tamper
15-A-4
Sensor 1 changed from Normal to Tamper
15-B-2
Sensor 2 changed from Normal to Alarm
15-C-3
Sensor 3 changed from Alarm+Tamper to Normal
15-D-1
Sensor 0 changed from Alarm+Tamper to Normal
15-A-1
Sensor 2 changed from Alarm to Tamper
15-C-2
Sensor 3 changed from Normal to Tamper
15-D-2
Sensor 0 changed from Normal to Alarm
15-A-3
Sensor 1 changed from Tamper to Normal

My problem is how to set up configuration.yaml file to be able to read my sensor state? I tried many thinks and nothing worked so far. I will be grateful if someone can support me with that.

Or maybe there is a different way to integrate my alarm sensors with hassio?
Any idea? please?

If you use mqtt.fx or similar what topics/messages/payloads do you see going to HA from the Arduino when your alarm changes state?

Thank you very much for your responce.
I use mqtt.fx the topic is ā€œsensorsā€ and the payload is ā€œ15-A-2ā€ when sensor is triggered and ā€œ15-A-1ā€ when is not. I tried to add following to configuration.yaml file but it didnt work:

• platform: mqtt
    name: ā€œtestā€
    state_topic: sensor
    payload_on: 15-A-2
    payload_off: 15-A-1

I also created the automation whitch turn the light on when received mqtt message:

• action:
    • data:
      entity_id: light.salon_meble
      service: light.turn_on
      alias: czujka
      condition: []
      id: ā€˜1518806932404ā€™
      trigger:
    • payload: 15-A-1
      platform: mqtt
      topic: sensors
      The automation works fine so i am sure my configurtion.yaml file is wrong if I cannot see the sensor state changeā€¦

Regards
Artur

Its working :slight_smile:
I make simple mistake. state_topic: should be sensors and no sensor.

Thank tou very much with your help. Without using mqtt.fx i wouldnā€™t make it work. Thank you again.

Regards
Artur

1 Like

Hi Aryu,

Very interesting to read what you have accomplished! Iā€™m looking at exactly the same, to use the Oasis-80 sensors in Home-assistant. But I think Iā€™m a bit more beginner than you - would you be so kind to share extra details on how you connected to the alarm unit, what components you used etc? Maybe youā€™ve already described such elsewhere?

THanks in advance!

2 Likes

Hi,

I am currently on holiday. Once I come back will share my configuration with you. In the mean time check this video https://youtu.be/NfPDpwtPi6g that was starting point for my project.

1 Like

iā€™m very interested on this, about the harware part. Can you share more infos about this project? I also have Jablotron JA-80 alarm system with wireless sensors and should be very good to see the status of each sensor into HA

2 Likes

Readers of this thread may be interested in this custom integration Iā€™ve done.

It integrates to the control panel rather than each sensor, so is useful if you want to treat the alarm system as a black box, i.e. to see itā€™s arm/disarm/triggered stats and to set/unset it.