Existing alarm PIR sensor - integration with Hassio via MQTT

Hi,

I need to admit that i tried to solve it myself for almost 2 weeks now - failed
I also checked some simillar topics but couldnt find solution.

I have Jablotron JA-80 alarm system fitted at home with PIR sensors in each room which i wish to integrate with my hassio.

I have connect each sensor from the alarm motherboard to arduino and uplad below code to the arduino with ethernet shield:
https://github.com/SuperHouse/SecuritySensor4ToMQTT
I manage to connect it to my mqtt server - Mosquitto. When i checked the logs at Mosquitto its states that ne client (arduino IP) connected. Also when i publish a test topic from homeassistant its received by arduino as i can see a message at arduino IDE serial monitor. Based on above i
assuming that arduino is properly conected to homeassistant via MQTT.
I can see following at the arduino IDE serial monitor:
Using static MAC address: DE:AD:BE:EF:FE:ED
My IP: http://192.168.1.10
MQTT connected
Ready.
Sensor 0 changed from Unknown to Alarm
15-A-3
Sensor 1 changed from Unknown to Normal
15-B-1
Sensor 2 changed from Unknown to Alarm
15-C-3
Sensor 3 changed from Unknown to Tamper
15-D-2
Sensor 0 changed from Alarm to Tamper
15-A-2
Sensor 2 changed from Alarm to Normal
15-C-1
Sensor 3 changed from Tamper to Alarm+Tamper
15-D-4
Sensor 0 changed from Tamper to Alarm+Tamper
15-A-4
Sensor 1 changed from Normal to Tamper
15-B-2
Sensor 2 changed from Normal to Alarm
15-C-3
Sensor 3 changed from Alarm+Tamper to Normal
15-D-1
Sensor 0 changed from Alarm+Tamper to Normal
15-A-1
Sensor 2 changed from Alarm to Tamper
15-C-2
Sensor 3 changed from Normal to Tamper
15-D-2
Sensor 0 changed from Normal to Alarm
15-A-3
Sensor 1 changed from Tamper to Normal

My problem is how to set up configuration.yaml file to be able to read my sensor state? I tried many thinks and nothing worked so far. I will be grateful if someone can support me with that.

Or maybe there is a different way to integrate my alarm sensors with hassio?
Any idea? please?

If you use mqtt.fx or similar what topics/messages/payloads do you see going to HA from the Arduino when your alarm changes state?

Thank you very much for your responce.
I use mqtt.fx the topic is “sensors” and the payload is “15-A-2” when sensor is triggered and “15-A-1” when is not. I tried to add following to configuration.yaml file but it didnt work:

• platform: mqtt
    name: “test”
    state_topic: sensor
    payload_on: 15-A-2
    payload_off: 15-A-1

I also created the automation whitch turn the light on when received mqtt message:

• action:
    • data:
      entity_id: light.salon_meble
      service: light.turn_on
      alias: czujka
      condition: []
      id: ‘1518806932404’
      trigger:
    • payload: 15-A-1
      platform: mqtt
      topic: sensors
      The automation works fine so i am sure my configurtion.yaml file is wrong if I cannot see the sensor state change…

Regards
Artur

Its working :slight_smile:
I make simple mistake. state_topic: should be sensors and no sensor.

Thank tou very much with your help. Without using mqtt.fx i wouldn’t make it work. Thank you again.

Regards
Artur

1 Like

Hi Aryu,

Very interesting to read what you have accomplished! I’m looking at exactly the same, to use the Oasis-80 sensors in Home-assistant. But I think I’m a bit more beginner than you - would you be so kind to share extra details on how you connected to the alarm unit, what components you used etc? Maybe you’ve already described such elsewhere?

THanks in advance!

2 Likes

Hi,

I am currently on holiday. Once I come back will share my configuration with you. In the mean time check this video https://youtu.be/NfPDpwtPi6g that was starting point for my project.

1 Like

i’m very interested on this, about the harware part. Can you share more infos about this project? I also have Jablotron JA-80 alarm system with wireless sensors and should be very good to see the status of each sensor into HA

2 Likes

Readers of this thread may be interested in this custom integration I’ve done.

It integrates to the control panel rather than each sensor, so is useful if you want to treat the alarm system as a black box, i.e. to see it’s arm/disarm/triggered stats and to set/unset it.