Experia Box v10 Device Tracker (KPN, Telfort)

Worked perfectly fine for me until the latest update to hassio version 0.92.0.

Devices stay not_home but are connected to the network.

Validating the config produces the following error: “Integration experiaboxv10 not found when trying to verify its device_tracker platform.”

Same here :confused:

Seems the update changed some of the API for modules. I’m going to be looking at updating home assistant in the coming weeks. This will give me the opportunity to reproduce the error locally and fix this module.

@barrymossel Regarding your Experia module - I would suggest testing the functionality outside of the home assistant environment. The functions in this module don’t use any core Home Assistant features, so you should be able to run it (with some minimal modifications) as a standard python script on your machine. This will simplify your testing / debugging cycle and help you develop your module.

The thing is the logging in to those access points is quite different. I can see what is done there, but my Python knowledge isn’t good enough to get that to work. Fortunately I will have a Fritzbox through XS4ALL within two weeks.

I had the same problem (exact same error when validating) when I tried to install the custom_component for the experiaboxv8. What fixed it for me:

• create the folder \config\custom_components\experiaboxv8
  • rename the script file from experiaboxv8.py to device_tracker.py and put it in that folder
  • create an empty init.py file inside that folder

And all was good. I’m assuming it will be the same with this script.

Voilà:

The device tracker for experiabox v10 doesn’t work annymore. (issue on github)
It recently got an firmware to V10 T03.7, perhaps this caused it or is it a breaking change in home assistant…
Can anyone comfirm this issue?

Big thanks to @Wouter0100, the integration works again!!!

Hi

Does the script also works on v9?

GrTz Red

I have a Experiabox V10 but I have two Experia Wifi access points from my internet provider to extend coverage in my house.
These access points disable wifi on the Experiabox router, so that device trackers doesn’t work anymore.
Can you create a tracker for this device? Arcadyan Experia WiFi

https://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/1882915

Hi guys,

I have copied the folder to my custom_components dir, and I have copied the following config into my configuration.yaml:
device_tracker:

• platform: experiaboxv10
    host: 192.168.2.254
    username: Admin
    password: !secret router_pass
    new_device_defaults:
    track_new_devices: false

Two things/questions:
When I add the hide_if_away piece in the config, HA says the config is an invalid function
When I leave the above out, the config is OK, but after a HA reload there is no known_devices.yaml being created.

How can I debug this? I do see the following in the log:
INFO (SyncWorker_5) [custom_components.experiaboxv10.device_tracker] Loading wireless clients…

Can someone help me?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m noticing the same issue, hide_if_away is not allowed according to Home Assistant. No new devices were added to known_devices.yaml after reloading.

I’ve got the same problem. Any solution yet?

Same problem here…haven’t found a solution anywhere

Anyone already working on a version for the Experiabox v12? :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is also a call log in the router. Can this script be converted to read those values?

I would greatly appreciate a device tracker for the Experiabox v12.

I did some searching and I think the experia box v12 integration can be based on the python API wrapper of Sagemcom routers. https://github.com/iMicknl/python-sagemcom-api

Is someone already working on implementing V12?

Still no news about the Experiabox v12?

Unfortunately my Python knowledge isn’t enough to write a device tracker :confused:

Would also be very interested in an integration for the V12 box. Any updates yet?