Export hassio log files to syslog/other?

I would like a way to export hassio log file(s) to an external Syslog server or similar. Is there any way to do this?

I normally just SSH into hassio.local:22222 and run docker logs -f homeassistant to view the log file in real-time, but I would like to make it query-able and have the ability to alert on its output as needed. A Syslog server like Splunk or VMware logInsight can do this but they need to have the logs forwarded to them.

Any way to achieve this log/syslog type exporting with hassio?? A bonus would be the ability to export ALL the hassio docker logs (to catch supervisor, and addon specific container logs)!

I have been searching this forum and googling, but can’t find an answer anywhere. thanks!

3 Likes

Yes I agree. Is there any way to forward the logs to a syslog server. That would help with debugging.

I as well would like a way to send hassio logs to a syslog server. I run a SIEM to collect/archive/analyze everything in my house and would like to gather these in as well. I’ve already setup my other RasPi devices like the PiHole to do this.

I’ve also been hunting for this feature. It would be nice to send logs to a central server for analysis.

@prezzor @someinternetguy Find any solutions?

has anyone managed to do this?

I have found the following how to collect Docker container logs:

However, this will not be easy to do, I would like to have all logs especially from NGNIX proxy in Splunk.