Expose Lutron Pico remotes to HomeKit?

I’m using the Lutron Caseta Pro component and would like to expose the Pico remote sensors to HomeKit. Has anyone had any luck doing this? I cannot get them to show up. Thanks in advance!

Anyone have any ideas?

1 Like

I only use the non-pro version, which I don’t think handles pico’s. According to the pro component’s github, pico remotes are just sensors so you cannot control them. They will toggle to a value of 1 when pressed. I don’t think seeing a quick toggle in homekit would be useful.

If you have the Smart Bridge PRO, you can use this Homebridge plugin:

Thanks @scottlitch. I have made quite a bit of progress since my initial question last year. I tried the Homebridge plugin. It worked fairly well, but I found it had a couple of issues. And the developer is actually no longer supporting that plugin. I ended up dropping the Homebrige plugin as well as the native HA Caseta integration, in favor of the custom HA integration.

The only catch is that you can’t directly expose the sensors from HA to HomeKit. So I ended up handling all of my Pico automations directly in HA. It was more work, but worth it in the long run because it is so much more customizable than Homebridge! I now have all sorts of automations running off of Pico remotes, and am coming up with new ones all the time.

Mike, thanks for the information. May I pick your brain if I have questions about using HA to set this up?

You might be disappointed with the results, but yes you can pick my brain :slight_smile: