Expose MQTT sensors through Nabu Casa

Hi all!
i recently signed my 31 day free trial for nabu casa, to check if my sensors would be available for Amazon Alexa.
All my switches, lights, automations were available, processor temperature etc…
The thing is that my MQTT sensors for power metering are not available to expose in nabu casa, is it possible to make it available? see below my MQTT sensors template.

- platform: mqtt
    name: "JE05 TOTAL-ACTIVEPOWER"
    state_topic: "JE05/pub"
    icon: mdi:flash
    unit_of_measurement: 'W'
    value_template: '{{value_json.DATA.PT}}'

also tried to expose through configuration.yaml (using cloud: ) without success, appreciate if anyone can help with proper template to expose this.

You say you tried via configuration.yaml, but you don’t show us what you tried.

1 Like

You are right, my bad. see below.

cloud:
  alexa:
    filter:
      include_entities:
        - sensor.je05_total-activepower
      include_domains:
        - sensor
    entity_config:
     sensor.je05_total-activepower:
        name: Total Active Power
        description: Total Active Power

ok, i found that if i can add “device_class: power” to the template, nabu casa seems not to recognize this device_class. during my test i changed device_class to “temperature” and unit_of_measurement to “°C”, like below:

- platform: mqtt
    name: "JE05 TOTAL-ACTIVEPOWER"
    state_topic: "JE05/pub"
    icon: mdi:flash
    unit_of_measurement: '°C'
    value_template: '{{value_json.DATA.PT}}'
    device_class: temperature

and this way nabu casa discovered the sensor, obviously, as a temperature sensor.
so it seems nabu casa can´t discover other sensors for some of the device classes.

1 Like

to whom may interest, i found that this is not home assistant issue, the thing is Amazon itself doesn´t support power metering units, that´s the reason home assistant accept sensor device class as power but can´t send sensor value to amazon.