Extend Zigbee Range to Barn 300+ meters away

Hi All,
I’m new to HA but have a Yellow and a range of devices in the house and water pump house nearby.

In the Barn, 300+ meters away, I have Unifi WiFi range extenders to bridge the barn network. I have a bunch of cameras, Bluetooth devices, ESP32 sensors and switches.

I also have several Zigbee lights and outlets that I want to deploy in the barn now too.

There is no way to put powered repeaters in the field between the house and the barn.

Is there any way to get a repeater bridge for Zigbee and use WiFi / Ethernet to another building?

Thanks in advance
Jay

1 Like

You can create a second mesh there, using a network connected coordinator and Zigbee2MQTT. There’s no sane way to extend the mesh you already have.

1 Like

Someone probably has a better suggestion, but could you put a raspberry pi out there with a z2m container on it and another zigbee coordinator? Not sure how easy it is to have multiple z2m instances in HA. I don’t have multiple instances, but I do have a pi located in the middle of my house that runs z2m and zwavejs containers. Then I point my HA instance at those. As far as stability, it works as well as the official addons.

Edit: @Tinkerer beat me to this suggestion.

2 Likes

Well you could do this.

1 Like