Extract data from Autarco Solar panels

I had some problems yesterday and this morning, but everything is fine again now

Previously I could retrieve the following via a single API endpoint, but that is apparently gone now and you would have to request the data via both /power and /energy :thinking:

It might also be interesting if we could approach the Autarco inverters locally to retrieve data.

"stats": {
    "kpis": {
      "current_production": 200,
      "output_today": 4,
      "output_month": 58,
      "output_to_date": 10379
    }
  }

I managed to get some info directly from the inverter using

http://[INVERTER IP]/inverter.cgi

According to the manual username and password are ‘admin’ and ‘123456789’
With the info above I was able to get interesting info without using the Autarco cloud.

Unfortunately refresh rate still seems to be 5 minutes.

What information do you get out of that? Do you have something like a JSON dump for me?

I want to work out an integration for in core during the summer holidays and update the existing python package. Only I don’t have an Autarco system myself, which makes it difficult for me to test / debug whether everything works properly.

Seems to be this (one semicolon separated line in response):

inverter_serial_number;firmware_version;inverter_model;inverter_temperature(C);current_power(W);yield_today(kWh);yield_total(kWh);alerts_count;

I mean a dump of the response you get when you approach the local url with postman, for example.

<html>
  <head></head>
  <body>0000000000000000;750037;50B;58.7;14890;14.400000;11886;NO; </body> == $0
</html>

The 0000000000000000 = a 16 number serial of the inverter.

View source in chrome gives: 0000000000000000;750037;50B;58.7;14890;14.400000;11886;NO;

The list of @qqflx seems to be correct. I assume it would be easy to extract the data with the HA scrape function however I currently lack the skills to write the code.

As @erik-hoeijmans said: http://[INVERTER IP]/inverter.cgi. According to the manual username and password are ‘admin’ and ‘123456789’

Even though the update frequency is a little low it would add a lot of value to extract the data locally and import it into HA

edit: formatting code

Maybe in a way like it is done here:

So what you are fetching locally is actually HTML and not JSON output?

Yes, just basic HTML.

I am trying to adapt the code of the link above but I get a error (unexpected scalar at node end).

sensor:
  - platform: rest
    resource: http://192.168.10.188/inverter.cgi
    method: GET
    name: Solar Power Rest
    value_template: '{{ value | regex_findall_index("0000000000000000,,,(\d+,\d+,\d+,\d+,\d+)", ignorecase=true) | string }}'
    verify_ssl: false
    authentication: basic
    username: !secret inverter_user
    password: !secret inverter_pass
    force_update: true
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      solar_actual_production:
        friendly_name: Actual Solar Production
        entity_id: sensor.solar_power_rest
        unit_of_measurement: W
        value_template: "{{ states.sensor.solar_power_rest.state | regex_findall_index(find="(\d+),\d+,\d+,\d+,\d+", index=0, ignorecase=False) | int }}"
        device_class: power

I never used postman but installed it. This is the output I get after setting authorization basic with the supplied user/password.

���������������������������������0000000000000000;750037;50B;55.3;14730;22.400000;11894;NO;

��������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������

That’s a pity, I actually hoped it would be json because I don’t want to apply scraping in my package (goes against ADR rules of Home Assistant). So I’ll stick with cloud API for now.

It is definitely a pity. The webserver of the inverter seems to run on a ESP32 or alike so I will continue trying to get the scraping option to work in a attempt to take them offline. The admin account with a password that can not be changed is already a big red flag. I prefer security over HA rules.

solar_autarco

Local via rest seems to work fine (for the moment).

Going directly to the local IP instead of via inverter.cgi gives a HTML website with the same user/pwd. It seems to be HTML but haven’t checked it yet.

Update interval seems to be around 5 minutes.

edit: update interval

Hi is there any other data that the Autarco inverter gives you? I’m getting an Autarco hybrid inverter + battery (DC coupled). I’m wondering how to get the PV data but also the data showing how much Kwh is flowing into and out of the the battery. Is any of this data available?

Autarco pushed a firmware update a few weeks ago which makes it (for now) impossible to read any values locally…

If monitoring is your thing then I would definitely not recommend Autarco. They are far behind compared to other brands.

The app is horrible and technical support from Autarco is very disappointing.

If you still have choice to go for a other brand then I would definitely recommend to look further.

Interesting… do you get any data at all now via the local access or is it completely walled off? I don’t have option of another inverter so I’m watching this thread but also I’ll have to use Shelly clamps to monitor the grid in/out and the inverter in/out.

No, it’s not walled off but all fields are empty. It seems they partially stripped it and left the empty page in the firmware.

I went for this solution: Wi-Fi kWh meter 3-fase MID - HomeWizard

Autarco technical support does not respond at all.

I would like to give the existing autarco pypi package some love and update it completely. I no longer have access to the API, is there anyone who could help me with this? (possibly via DM)

Hi Klaas,
Can I be of assistance? not sure on what I can do, but I have some ideas…
I’ll send you a DM.

• Erik
1 Like