Face and person detection with Deepstack - local and free!

Anyone is facing some problems with deepstack + raspberry + intel ncs?
It’s like a week that at some time deepstack stops responding on post requests, I have to restart the pi (sometimes multiple times in a row).
Now i’m trying to check if is a heat problem

Had a similar issue on my coral stick, solution was to use a higher power supply

1 Like

Thanks, now i’m using a 2A power supply for the pi, i will try with a 5A one. The Pi3 has a 1,2A limited usb current (all the four ports togheter), as i’m using only one port that must be the limit… Didn’t know if can be usefull to use a powered usb hub or a separate usb power supply for the ncs

@robmarkcole

Need you help :slight_smile: I have moved my deep stack from one pi to another (I have coral and I am using your server) and it stopped working.
If I call the server with curl command all works, I get a response, but the image processing component doesn’t work. I have create a test camera which gets still image but this also doesn’t work. I call the scan service and it is not working. Something I am missing.

any help to debug will be appreciated.

Thx

curl -X POST -F [email protected] 'http://localhost:8275/v1/vision/detection'

{"predictions":[{"confidence":0.98828125,"label":"bird","x_max":473,"x_min":97,"y_max":882,"y_min":76},{"confidence":0.08984375,"label":"bird","x_max":366,"x_min":6,"y_max":592,"y_min":35},{"confidence":0.08984375,"label":"bird","x_max":512,"x_min":0,"y_max":721,"y_min":201},{"confidence":0.08984375,"label":"banana","x_max":124,"x_min":12,"y_max":499,"y_min":439},{"confidence":0.06640625,"label":"bird","x_max":508,"x_min":211,"y_max":727,"y_min":284},{"confidence":0.06640625,"label":"bird","x_max":379,"x_min":12,"y_max":901,"y_min":364},{"confidence":0.06640625,"label":"fire hydrant","x_max":491,"x_min":242,"y_max":926,"y_min":330},{"confidence":0.06640625,"label":"bird","x_max":468,"x_min":0,"y_max":609,"y_min":303},{"confidence":0.06640625,"label":"banana","x_max":115,"x_min":25,"y_max":535,"y_min":477},{"confidence":0.06640625,"label":"bird","x_max":272,"x_min":1,"y_max":849,"y_min":88}],"success":true}

It sounds like a config error

I guess :thinking:. Any debug I should open to track the issue?

One thing that I do see is the following error:

[homeassistant.components.image_processing] Error on receive image from entity: Unable to get image

But I do get the image on lovelace.

I am using HA 0.108.1 and here is my image processing config (8275 is my port, /tmp is whitelisted):

- platform: deepstack_object
  ip_address: 192.168.0.254
  port: 8275
  target:
    - person
    - car
  confidence: 1
  save_file_folder: /tmp
  save_timestamped_file: True
  source:
    - entity_id: camera.test
      name: test_object_detector

Your Confidence needs to be much higher - >50
Where is your API key?

• platform: deepstack_object
    ip_address: 192.168..
    port: 5000
    api_key: Mysecretkey
    timeout: 30
    scan_interval: 100000
    save_file_folder: /config/snapshot/saved
    #save_timestamped_file: True
    target: car
    confidence: 60
    source:
    • entity_id: camera.front_1
      name: car_detector_front

Thx for your reply

1. I set it to 1 just for the test.
  2. I use coral so I don’t need apikey (i think so)

It seems that the issue is within getting the image from the camera.

Which HA version are you running?

@robmarkcole

It seems the issue was with the event name. I used image_processing.xxx but seems it was changed to deepstack.xxx.

1 Like

For the benefit of anyone else that may run into this issue, the cause was having an IF statement in an automation without a corresponding ELSE clause!

So any time my automation would fire and not meet the condition the error message was generated

Dear Paul,

i’m looking for the Raspberry distribution of deepstack to download.
Do you still have a copy, or a way to download.
Thanks for you help

Dear Robin,

I’m using deepstack on windows and want to move to rapsberry.
My concern is that the package is no more available on Deepstack website.
Can you help me ? Regards

I am afraid I do not have any more info than anyone else about the situation with deepstack rpi image.

do you think it’s possible to use docker image of deepstack on RPI ?

That is not possible

@vlitkowski I am informed that the rpi image link has been fixed here

The deepstack team have been working quietly but will have some significant announcements soon

Very good news thanks…
My intel movibius stick is arriving soon

1 Like

Received my Intel NCS2 today, installed on RPI3B+ raspbian and tested deepstack for RPi
It runs perfect with 4K pictures !!!

1 Like

Hey guys, quick question.
When the service call depstack for the image analysis, is any information stored on docker, other than the snapshot folder?
For some reason my docker increased 75GB ! in 2 days. Don’t know the reason but I have only HA and deepstack containers. Any idea how this can happen?
Thanks

docker logs