Fail to connect to Garmin

I am trying to connect Garmin again. It works before and now it suddenly stops working.
I remove it and try to add the integrations again. No luck get error: failed to connect.
Use HA 2021.6.0.dev20210509 in Qnap Docker.

Known issue with login, API changed, developers are busy fixing…

4 Likes

Thx… for fast reply

Fix is now approved and announced for the next release :wink:

1 Like

Great , mean I must update HA to v2021.6 then ? or will the add-on also work in 2021.5

wait for 2021.6

1 Like

ok… Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi munin73, did you get this to work. Like you it filed and I removed it and try to reconnect.

THe garmin connect useded a long time trying to connect, and then fails with a “failed to connect”, like you mention.

Im on version 2021.6.6.

The issue is still not solved, unfortunately… It looks a real hard bite :frowning:

I just rolled back to 2021.6.3 and Garmin Connect is now working again.

For those of you suffering through this, I went into terminal and entered the following:

ha core update --version=2021.6.3

Hopefully those with brighter minds than my own will be able to get this up and running again for 2021.7.0

That worked for me thanks, and so did
core update --version=2021.6.4
I have usually found Garmin to be helpful and would be happy to ask their help in doing this Integration without scraping. I know they used to charge $5000 for this but I still think it’s worth another try. Any names or pointers anyone?

FYI still not working for me with 2021.7.0 unfortunately. Unavailable after update. Removed integration and upon re-adding it hangs and then gives an unexpected error message.

Rolled back to 2021.6.3 and then updated to 2021.6.4 which is the last version/method working reliably for me.

See the issue posted three posts above, it’s still work in progress… :wink:

There is good movement now, check the issue mentioned above.

Count me out of Home Assistant. I am not messing around with HACS . Life is too short.