Fail to log in

Hi, i just got issues trying to log in into my Home assistant remotely, and i had this before.
i dont use SSL or 2FA, but everytime i try to log in its saying my username or password are incorrect.

The issue i have is that had an active session on my laptop, work pc and my phone via the Home Assistant app (iOS). Now i use a personal DNS to rout to my home IP and i have several set up for several devices. for example nas.mydomain.com and ha.mydomain.com.

I was logged in on my work pc via ha.mydomain and it worked fine. Later i tried nas.mydomain which presented me with the log in page and gave me a wrong username/password error after i tried to log in even tough i was sure i had the right password. After that i went to ha.mydomain and it instantly brought me to my frontend without me having to log in, probably because the session was still active on this domain.

Now today i went to this address again and it asked for my credentials. i tried both domains and both failed. And i am 100% sure i have the right credentials. I even changed the password via the Home Assistant app on my phone which requires the current password, so that i was sure that i had the right password. But still it gives me a login failure.

//UPDATE 190220

Ok so the user’s name is different than your Username and you can not find the set up username under the users. For the username you have to go to the file directory “root/config/.storage/” there is an file called auth.
There you can find your username in plain text. i am successfully logged in again :slight_smile: