Failed login from AWS? Where does it come from?

Hi there,
today I got a notification of a failed login attempt. Here it is:

Login attempt or request with invalid authentication from xxx-xx-xx-xx-xxx.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com (35.86.XXX.XXX). (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:55.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/55.0)

(I don’t know if it does make a difference, but I obviously censored the addresses)

I do not own any Amazon Products nor have I added any new integration or addon to my configuration recently. It happened randomly 40 minutes ago, not when HomeAssistant started.

What can cause this? This only happened this one time so far. Other forum questions figured out that it has something to do with Alexa. Since I don’t use Alexa, I am confused on what service it could be.

Thanks a lot in advance!

its from amazonaws server doesnt mean that it got to do with any amazon products. its just means any of the plugins or application that call to hassio reside on amazonaws cloud server. Since large portion of the world cloud service uses amazonaws i wouldn’t be surprise if one of your integration sits in amazonaws.

Hi and thanks a lot for your help!

I figured that it might be something else. But I haven’t installed anything new recently and the fact that they had a failed attempt made me curious. Do you think it is nothing and I shouldn’t care? Or could it be a failed attempt of someone trying to access my system?

I know this is an old post - but in reseraching I found that it is someone trying to access the system due to having a common port (8123)