Failed to read from sensor due to i2c error

The latest update to esphome 2024.10.0 causes the following issue with my emporia vue 2.
‘failed to read from sensor due to i2c error’
I rolled back to my previous esphome version 2024.9.2 and the problem disappears.

I experienced the same thing and also rolled back to fix this on my Vue2. Side but related question, I have about 15 ESPHome devices and they all seemed to upgrade to 2024.10.0 fine except the first of my 3 Emporia Vue devices. After the first one presented the error I did not do the others 2 vue devices and decided to roll back. I rolled back the integration then reinstalled the Vue config so it would roll back. It now functions as it did before. However the other 12 devices I upgraded before the vue are still on 2024.10.0 and seem to be functioning. Is there a need for me to roll all of these back as well?

I had some issues with a display not showing any values today after updating to ESPhome 2024.10.0. Solved by changing I2C frequency:

Maybe this could help in your case too?

I have the same issue with 2024.10.0. Rolling back to 2024.9.2 resolved the issue for me as well. Following this thread.

I had the same issue with my Emporia Vue 3 i2c communication after the 2024.10 upgrade. I was using 150kHz frequency. Changing that frequency to 200kHz resolves the issue (though I do have random read errors again that were resolved by using 150 kHz).

No

Same here, emporia vue 2 breaks with the I2C read error after 2024.10.0, had to rollback and it started working again

Did you apply the fix above?

I had to roll back too. Can we file a bug report?

Did you apply the fix above?

I have the same problem. Lowering the i2c frequency did not fix the problem.

Bug has been raised: 2024.10.0 breaks i2c on Emporia Vue2 devices · Issue #6335 · esphome/issues · GitHub