Failed to recover from bootloader. Please flash a new firmware to continue

Hello,

i hope anyone could help me please.

I tried to make an FW-Update on my Z-Stick7 but i think i torched my stick.

After starting the fw-Update the update stops immediatly an now i receive the following error in log:

Failed to recover from bootloader. Please flash a new firmware to continue

Does anybody have an idey?

Regards

If you’re using Z-Wave JS UI, then turn on Bootloader mode in the settings and try again. Make sure you are using the correct file.

If you’re not using ZUI, then you’ll either need to switch to ZUI or fix it manually from the command line. It’s possible the Windows PC Controller software would work.

1 Like

Thanks very much for this advice.

I had the same issue with the ZST39 800 controller, and using zwave js ui and these instructions, I was able to recover everything.

I followed these steps on my bricked stick.
Verified the correct firmware, and have been stuck here on 0% for 30 minutes.

Same here :frowning: Previously I tried to update the firmware to V7.20.2 but failed and after that have this error in the logs: “Controller is in bootloader, attempting to recover…Failed to recover from bootloader. Please flash a new firmware to continue…” I tried with the steps provided here and tried to flash 7_17_2_406_EFR32ZG14_REGION_EU (stick is from amazon.de) but is sitting at 0% for more than 30 minutes.

Edit: after some time I check in the mine UI and the stick has appeared flashed and ready, so just closed the update dialog which hanged at 0%. It is working fine.