Failed to send request: Failed to deliver message: <EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED: 102>

Upgraded to 2023.8.4 about a month ago and have been having issues w/ this error (increasing qty lately) over the past few weeks.

Failed to send request: Failed to deliver message: <EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED: 102>

I’ve ensure my wifi network is on channels 1/6 only (Zigbee [via SkyConnect {installed 6+ months ago and solid until recently}] on channel 11)

ZWave ( Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5) been in place for ~2 years - it’s been rock solid as well.

Anyone else seeing this / seen in the past and have thoughts / ideas to resolve?

I realize I can put ‘continue_on_error’ into 100’s of scripts / automations - but this is a less-than-ideal solution - seems HA, by default, should retry this error and then notify if failed X (2-5?) times. I also realize I can put checks/repeats/wait-fors into 100’s of scripts / automations - but this is terrible as well…

This completely killed my kids wake-up automation this morning, b/c the Front Hall Lamp errored, not ok HA. And this was after I tried to put a repeat in - which I now realize needs to be called in a separate script. Something like turning a light/switch on/off is basic behavior and should definitely NOT be wreaking this much havoc in anyone’s setup.

Just migrated from Conbee II to ZHA/SkyConnect, and I have similar issues.
Lots of delivery_failed , but also

• lights randomly blinking (a bit like they do when factory reset them)
  • lights beings unavailable
  • Switches (Ikea and Aqara) not working, then later they do, then later they don’t. No ZHA_EVENTs in those cases

Horrible.

1 Like

Seeing the same issue with SkyConnect - Zigbee Network is entirely down… Can’t even add new devices

1 Like

I thought it was just me. Did you ever get a fix?

I finally gave up, bought a Hubitat and now let that manage my ZWave/Zigbee devices.

Really sucks that it’s been 3+ months of these issues persisting and everyone keeps pointing the finger at someone else. Blame firmware. Blame this. Blame that. No fixes…

In the interim I bought a Zooz 800 series ZWave USB stick. Now it’s a paperweight, wasted $40. SkyConnect also now a $50 paperweight. Not to mention the dozens of hours trying to fix and then moving ~100 devices over to Zooz 800 and finally to Hubitat.

These are the reasons people stop using HA.

I’m literally facing the same issue with ZHA + SkyConnect. No solution so far :frowning:

1 Like

Same issue. Since Feb, I migrated from a HUBZ combo stick to SkyConnect with 65 devices. I keep losing light bulbs and sensors. 30 minutes ago, I saw one of my porch lights wasn’t working. I unscrewed the working one, re-joined the second and when I went to check it, the other had dropped off. Very frustrating for several weeks.

I spent some time looking closely at my zha visualization. One of my router nodes was a light bulb that was powered off. bringing it up and re-pairing helped clean up somethings. I also added a longer USB cable to the SkyConnect. Will comment back after a day.
As an aside, due to the need to cycle power quickly on bulbs to get them into pairing mode, I have to repair in a different room. Less than ideal when they can be router nodes. I’ll have to find a cord or lamp I can use in place.