Failed to start addon - Mosquitto broker

Hello, Forum users
I installed hass.io on my Synology NAS 920+ through the package center.
And after installation, Mosquitto broker on supervisor tap but it can’t start. Popup message is below.

500 Server Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.39/containers/f287dec4cd768bdfef61372ed32848cf3cea5a50cb6e5bc33486454673b010fa/start: Internal Server Error (“OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:345: starting container process caused “exec: “/dev/init”: stat /dev/init: no such file or directory”: unknown”)

On the docker, there is a container of Mosquitto broker so I think installation is done but it stopped and i can’t start as well.

Start container addon_core_mosquitto failed: {“message”:“OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:345: starting container process caused “exec: \”/dev/init\”: stat /dev/init: no such file or directory": unknown"}.

what should i do?

확인

Have the same issue on the same host. It worked fine with the previous release

Oh, you mean is it an ongoing issue?
then, would you give me where is the previous release?

I just recovered Core to 2021.1.5. But it still not working. Maybe the problem with Supervisor. It shows the current version as 2021.02.3.
Have no idea how to roll it back

I had test with previous version.
Unfortunately, same result. not working

I just reported a bug here: https://github.com/home-assistant/supervisor/issues/2514
As a temporary solution, you can start the Synology Mosquitto package from the community repo ( https://synocommunity.com/ )

I have the same problem

I think it’s not hass.io version issue and file system as well. Because i had test 3 old versions and changed the file system format from btrfs to ext4. I always delete everything such as docker, images, HA and repeat the installation. However, i can see the same error. Finally, i want to have test different docker versions but i don’t have .apk file. Please give me a solution if somebody have it.

I found a workaround.
The cause is the supervisor version
Open your terminal.(DSM - Docker - Container - Hassio_cli - terminal)
Type “ha supervisor update --version=2021.01.7”
then your supervisor version will be changed(2021.02.3 > 2021.01.7)
Finish!!(끝!!)

5 Likes

works for me,update from 2021.01.7 to 2021.02.5,everything works fine.

I’m getting this error after updating to Supervisor 2021.02.5

So sad,when i try to restart zhe addon,still not working on 2021.02.5,so i change the supervisor version to 2021.01.7,zhe Mosquitto works,but my NODE RED is missing in the addon store with error.That`s drives me crazy.

Actually this makes me sad. I’ve created a full snapshot of a properly working system and then did the update today to the newest versions. Goal was to get Z2M update to 1.17.1. After the update, I got the same error shown above, just concerning z2m.

Then I restored the snapshot (restore everything) I’ve created some hours ago and the error is still the same. So creating snapshots turns out as completely useless? What do I need this feature for, if not for exactly this?

I have the same problem with esphome:

400 Client Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.39/containers/cbf43a204a1d4e8e139244589988fd4c3f5f569dfee361030d428cca57e758a5/start: Bad Request ("OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:345: starting container process caused "exec: \"/dev/init\": stat /dev/init: no such file or directory": unknown")

I update hassio to the last version and found this problem, I restore the snapshot in 2021.2.2 (esphome worked fine) but now doesn’t work. Can anybody help me?

Thank you BlueJay, that worked great :slight_smile:

Actually works for me only if restored to 2021.01.7.
If I upgrade back to 2021.02.5 or newer, error 500 comes back :(.

Hope we will have a solution in the near future for an up to date Docker by Synology :).
Thanks BlueJay for the solution for the meanwhile.

Just one point, when I switched to 2021.01.7, all addons were deleted.
Snapshot restore does not bring these back, although these are running inside the docker.
Any solution to this issue? Or just re-install all add-ons in the supervisor?

It is of no use. Supervisor updates itself, so installing an older version works only for a little while.

Same issue here. Reverted back to 2021.01.7.
All addons were uninstalled, but the config was still there after installing again.

Unfortunately that is the case.
Apparently there is no solution yet.

Same issue here since today. My whole system at home is based on home assistant… I can’t leave it like this