Failing to access hassos through SSH on port 22222

Hi,
There’s lots of info on accessing hassos using SSH with port 22222 on this forum. Nevertheless, I cannot make mine to work… Any hint would be appreciated, this is what I’ve done:

• HassOS 3.12
  • Home Assistant Core 0.107.6
  • Terminal & SSH add on is working on port 22. I can login using PuTTY and private/public key files -
    on the Config part of the add-on I have:
authorized_keys:
  - >-
    ssh-rsa
    AAAA**************************************...*******w==
    rsa-key-20181104
password: ''

and on the Network part I set the ‘host’ to 22.

I then followed the instructions on this doc: https://developers.home-assistant.io/docs/hassio_debugging/#ssh-access-to-the-host -
created the “authorized_keys” file with public key (ANSI, LF, OpenSSH format) and imported it through the “Import from USB option”. I used the same public key as I used above for the Terminal & SSH add-on.
The system log looks right:

20-04-03 06:05:38 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.hassos] Syncing configuration from USB with HassOS.
20-04-03 06:05:38 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.host.services] Restart local service hassos-config.service
20-04-03 06:05:38 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.utils.gdbus] Call org.freedesktop.systemd1.Manager.RestartUnit on /org/freedesktop/systemd1

But trying with PuTTY on port 22222 gives me the error:
Network error: Connection refused

What am I missing on this process?

To make the story complete, I’m trying to access the OS in order to add to the “/boot/config.txt” with “dtoverlay=sdtweak,poll_once” in order to make my RPI 3B+ stop checking for existence of an sd card (I’m using SSD).

Thanks.

1 Like

Just to update - I completed my end goal (editing the /boot/config.txt file) by connecting the SSD to my Windows laptop - that was actually pretty basic :rofl:
Nevertheless, it would be still interesting to understand how to make the OS to listen on 22222 and be available through SSH…
Cheers.