Failure updating causing frontend error

After attempting to update to 74.0 I was unable to visit my home-assistant server.
It was providing “404: Not Found” for all normal endpoints.

Only error that I can see is the following:

ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component frontend
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 143, in _async_setup_component
    hass, processed_config)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/frontend/__init__.py", line 228, in async_setup
    hass_frontend_path = hass_frontend.where()
AttributeError: module 'hass_frontend' has no attribute 'where'
2018-07-28 15:03:06 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for nest: Component did not     return boolean if setup was successful. Disabling component.

Using default config doesn’t seem to help.
Uninstall and reinstall using pip didn’t help.
I found that this could be due to the ‘aiohttp’ component so I’ve tried reinstalling it as well.

Right now I’m a bit stuck at what to try next. Does anyone have an idea as what to try next or what it might be?

Although I think you should have fixed this issue…
I just update HA to .78 and also encounter this problem, so in case someone meets this issue and search to here, my suggestion is to check: /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hass_frontend/, there should be a py file __init__.py. In my case, this folder seems failed to be updated and some files are missing, I replace the whole folder with a backup of .77, and the issue got fixed.

Hello Kenny,

Thanks for the response!
Unfortunately the only way I found to fix it was reinstalling everything.

Thanks again for the response!