False alarms - Fibaro smoke sensor FGSD-002

Hi. I’m having issues with false alarms of the Fibaro some sensor FGSD-002. Of cause always in the middel of the night.
I’m having tree sensor installed one on each floor and which one that goes off is random. There to “false” alarms. 1. is smoke detected, which is very loud. 2. is the lake of Z-wave connection which is a short beep sound periodically.
In both cases I get a respons in the Z-Wave JS Logs when triple clicking the B-button on the device indication the connection is “fine”. Most case taking out the batterier and put it back stops the alarm. In one case with the smoke detection alarm I had to remove it from the Z-wave and join it again to cleare the alarm. I general it seems that every thing is working fine except for the false alarms.

Any ideas on how to solve this or get close to what the issue is?

Core Version - core-2021.10.4
Supervisor Version - supervisor-2021.10.0
Z-Wave JS - Current version: 0.1.45
Z-Wave JS integration - Driver Version: 8.4.1, Server Version: 1.10.7
AEON Z‐Stick Gen5 - Firmware: 1.1

Hi.
I had false alarms from the fibaro smoke detector multiple times.
I think I figured it out.
In my opinion, the trigger for false alarms is the temperature sensor.

I disabled option 2 “Z-Wave notification status” on all my sensors and I changed option 30. “Temperature threshold” to 65 from the default 55

After the this adjustment, no false alarms (so far)

Thanks, I will try that. Just had a false alarm this morning.

Any alarms until now? I think I will buy one if it is ok until now :slight_smile:

I haven’t had any alarms since :slight_smile:

1 Like

So it might not do anything anymore :upside_down_face:
Did you test it and if so, how?
Reason asking as I am looking into buying it

Thank you for the quick response :muscle:

I’ve had this problem as well… but for me it’s the smoke alarm going off. I don’t know if there is small spiders, that I have been having windows open or if it’s just faulty. Earlier this summer both of my smoke sensors went of without smoke. I had the windows open that time as well.

Just wondering , have your sensors been stable since adjustment ?

My FGSD002 smoke sensors that I’ve had since 2016 are quite horrible.
Especially the one in the basement gives frequent false alarms (sometimes multiple in one night) and always at night.