Family calendar

Probably quite rookie question, but how can I get days horizontally? This looks just what I need, but it’s not useful as I have days vertically.

The default view for Home Assistant places cards in columns. Even if you only add 1 card. This means the card will only be as wide as the column. If you change the view type to panel or sidebar it should become wider. See Views - Home Assistant for more about views.

Thank you! Now it’s perfect.

How hard would it be to toggle the calendars on and off? Maybe associate a helper with each calendar for this?

u can use the calendars inside tabbed-card/swipe-card so you can decide wivth one to show up

It would be a nice addition and technically this wouldn’t be too hard I think. I’m not sure how this would fit in the UI though. I’ll add it to the list and have a think about it :slight_smile:

I was thinking use the sidebar card to list the calendar entities to toggle.

Just released v1.2.0, adding options for compact mode, starting with a different day and hiding weekends. It also fixes a styling bug with some themes.

1 Like

what is the config to hide weekends?

hideWeekend: true

1 Like

Nice thanks!

Working 100% here.

1 Like

Awsome work! Had family dashboard running for a while with a sub-optimal calendar. This is exactly what i had in mind as a perfect upgrade.

Do you have any information (or option to configure) how wide each day-column should be in pixels or similar? Can i adjust it somehow? The goal being to get a certain amount of days horizontally. (E.g. does it add a new line when one day gets below X pixels?)

The number of columns is based on the width of the card:

• Up to 640 pixels 1 column (2 for compact mode)
  • Up to 1024 pixels 3 columns (4 for compact mode)
  • Up to 1280 pixels 5 columns (7 for compact mode)
  • Higher than 1280 pixels 7 columns

I am thinking about making this configurable, but I’m not sure how exactly yet.

Do you know where I can override this? I’m trying to make it more readable on a display and it’s perfect if I can change:
Higher than 1280 pixels 7 columns
to
Higher than 1280 pixels 4 columns

I have tried overriding with card_mod and not having much success.

.day {
      font-size: 100% !important;
      width: calc((100% -6 * var(--days-spacing)) / 4)); 
    }

Loving this card it’s exactly what I need.

Is there any way of having the calendars syncing? Plans often change and I delete calendar entries and be nice to see these reflected on the planner.

Keep up the great work.

Could you tell me how to add an image background to the dashboard as you done in yours above?

I find the calendar awesome! Thanks a lot. When I look at it on the PC dashboard, it’s fine, but on the Fire 10" tablet, it looks different. How can I change that? The new sections are selected as the viewing mode

I have HA in italian, but I think you have to change the visualization type of your view to panel: you can find it clicking on the pencil of the dashboard → visualization type → panel.

Will there be a chance to integrate google tasks also?

“Thank you, but I’m working with the new sections, that should work too, right?”